Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88lamborghini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Girlfriend has low sex drive
    Hello , my girlfriend just doesn't seem interested in sex even if she has an orgasm , it just doesn't seem normal , my girlfriend age 29 has a low interest for sex :( I'm worried as we have only been dating 4 months and it's lacking , I love sex and it just seems very opposite for her :( when we do have sex it's wonderful. How should I approach her about this problem ?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
    More background would be extremely helpful. 'Low sex drive' is a relative term when you are comparing it to yours.

Orgasms, while they feel good, do not make a woman automatically want more sex.

Four months is a very short time to really know each other and how compatible you are as a couple especially where communication and sex are concerned.

There are a lot of factors that can affect a person's interest in sex. Many of them occur in cycles such as hormonal fluctuations, job stress, family issues, relationship stress, etc. Others are constant such as health and medications, drinking and drugs usage, exhaustion from a physically or mentally demanding job, etc. Another factor that can be more limiting than the others combined is pressure to have sex. Do you expect or want sex every time you are with her? Do you have dates where sex doesn't come up? Do you show affection and/or intimacy when you aren't expecting sex?

Communication is a very important part of a relationship. Talk with her about what you both expect and need in the relationship. Work together to find compromises or decide that your needs are too different and end the relationship. Understand that she may have things going on in her life that are causing her to not be interested in sex as often as you are. Either you will have to be understanding or walk away and find someone whose needs mirror your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend has a low sex drive [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for at least a year. She's everything I could have asked for, but there is one problem. She seems to have a terribly low sex drive. At the beginning of our relationship, we didn't start having sex until 5 months in. She was the girl I lost my virginity to,...

My Girlfriend doesn't Want Sex / Low Sex Drive [ 5 Answers ]

Let me start by summarising our relationship, we are both 18 years of age, this may sound young for some of the members here to be in a sexual relationship but this is the reality of today and id like to ask a few major questions to help me out in my relationship. We have been together since Dec 19...

Girlfriend has low sex drive, I can't turn her on, we're 25 [ 13 Answers ]

Hey all, I've been with my girlfriend for about 2 years off and on. We had a rocky start when I didn't want a serious relationship and broke up in February, but we've been together about 4 months now (since August), it's been serious, we talk about a future, we see each other every day, it's very...

Girlfriend has low sex drive [ 10 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-sexuality/girlfriend-doesnt-seem-want-sex-177840.html Hey, I've been trawling the internet today to figure some stuff out. This post is exactly - I could have written it - the problem I have been having. I had been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and...

View more questions Search