Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loui294 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
    How to deal with brother abuse
    I am 17 years old. For the past few weeks Ive been getting nightmares, the same one over and over. But have recently realized that these nightmares are memories from when I was about 6 years old. My brother who is 4 years older than me used to touch me. He would bring me to his room and make me take my clothes off, down to my underwear and lie in his bed. He only ever touched my chest area but I feel so disgusted.

I have grown up with him not knowing what he did. But I don't know what to do. Should I confront him? But what if he doesn't even remember? And he probably didn't know what he was doing as he was a young age too. I don know whether to tell my parents or even tell my boyfriend, I'm afraid if I tell my boyfriend he'll find me disgusting and won't want anything to do with me.

My relationship with my brother has always been difficult. He has always made me feel bad about myself, insulting me and calling me names as if I'm nothing but dirt. But we have had some nice family times where we get along and don't fight. I don't know what to do and need advice, so please help me.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
    I would imagine he remembers something like that.
    I would confront him. He is not a child now. Maybe confronting him would stop the nightmares.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Now I would wonder why or what has triggered these nightmares the last few weeks. What was going on about then in your life. I would not confront him without having more facts. Nor would I tell your parents yet.

I think only a professional can help you get to the bottom of this,
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 01:53 AM
    Find a therapist-I agree you need professional help to sort this out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brother, the truste is threatening to abuse his privaledges of my dads living trust [ 1 Answers ]

My father is on his death bed with lung cancer. One of my brothers, who is the trustee, said that he will screw with me, and my other brother, and not give us what we as beneficiaries deserve. There is bad blood between my two brothers, and I, the sister, am shocked at this inappropriate...

Father abuse all my sister and fracture my brother in law head need help [ 3 Answers ]

My father is very abuse to all my sister and my mother since we were a child however I came here to the US at age 15 and got married then I sponspor my mom and dad thinking my dad will come here in the us and his behaviour will be good but instead he came here in the US and created a lot of...

How to deal with elderly mother's denialof childhood abuse? [ 14 Answers ]

I have very distinct memories of a childhood filled with abuse and neglect that damaged my brothers and me. For a long time, I tried to get my father to acknowledge his part in this abuse. When it seemed that this was a fruitless endeavor, I stopped. I no longer see or speak to my father. I...

How do I deal with my sisters depression and the mental abuse of her spouse? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is a 53 yr old surgical nurse with a history of depression. She married in her thirties and since then our relationship has changed a great deal from being good friends to barely contacting one another. Over years she has had less of a relationship with the entire family as her husband...

View more questions Search