Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    telly9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Broken Ankle Joint
    I fractured my ankle join a few weeks back.

I'm walking normally now and have no cast or crutches but I'm getting physio therapy on it. He gave me some exercises to do at home but I really don't notice any improvement.

I work walking arounf for 4 hours per day and I'm usually very active.

I feel a stiffness around the front and back of my ankle when I'm tryint to go up on my toes or squat.. These are part of the physio exercises. I also feel some pain when I'm walking around at work.

What I'm like to know is this.. Are there any other exercises I could do to get me back to normal quicker and is there anything I shouldn't do.

I'm really wanting to get back to the gym but I'm afraid of doing more damage. I've got soft tissue damage too. Could I go to the gym? I don't know. I'm not back at physio untel the end of the month so I can't even ask him...

Does anyone on here know much about ankles and exercise etc??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
    It would be dangerous (and foolish) for anyone to advise you at this point. You have a therapist recommended by a Physician. Those are the people who should be discussing a different exercise program to you - if that's what's needed.

You have no cast, support bandage, nothing on an ankle that you fractured only weeks ago?
    telly9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Oh it was like 6 or 7 weeks ago now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Broken ankle problem [ 1 Answers ]

I broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago and a few days later had 11 screws and a plate put in surgically on the outside of my left ankle. I have not been in a ton of pain recently, just discomfort. However, around 4:00 today I experienced sharp pain and increased discomfort. I iced it and took some pain...

Ankle surgery broken tibia/fibula [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my tibia/fibula and had ankle surgery needing plates and screws etc.. This was in January and I was not able to put any weight on that leg/foot for 3mos. Now I have a cam boot and have started to apply weight as tolerated with a walker or crutches. I have started PT and am in so much...

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

Broken Slip Joint Nut [ 5 Answers ]

While replacing the bathroom sink in an old house, the slip joint connecting the pipe coming from the wall to the P trap broke. Unfortunately, there is a lip on the end of the pipe coming from the wall, so I can't simply slip a new slip joint nut onto the pipe coming from the wall. I removed the...

Can I sue my dad's homeowners insurance for my fall resulting in a broken ankle? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently fell and broke my ankle. The accident occurred while I was visiting my parents home. My dad was shampooing the carpet and left a large amount of water on the tile directly below the staircase. As I came down the stairs I slipped on the wet tile and broke my ankle in three places. I...

View more questions Search