Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Dude, Obama is our very own Baghdad Bob...
    C'mon, grow up!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    C'mon, grow up!
    What, you don't think Obama is just like Baghdad Bob? How's this, better?
    Attached Images

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Dude, Obama is our very own Baghdad Bob...
    Hello Steve:

I don't think my post was about that stuff... But, I understand your need to post tripe, so you picked my question to do it. That ain't cool.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes non representative politics for the mindless majority
    We will naturally include the Aussie parties in this mix
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

I don't think my post was about that stuff... But, I understand your need to post tripe, so you picked my question to do it. That ain't cool.

excon
    Tripe? Come on, those were funny - and spot on. Or do you think the private sector is doing just fine?

Ok, so to answer your question I'd just as soon Congress and the White House both take a few years off. But don't think we've forgotten that a few years back the congressional Democrats "top priority" was obstruction. In fact on nearly every GOP initiative since 2010 the Democrats have declared them DOA. Oh, and the Senate still has not produced a budget for 1142 days. So if you want to discuss obstruction I'm up for it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Ex it's not that the Republicans won't work with Obama. They have passed budgets ;the Dems have not even bothered seriously trying to pass the President's budget. So if there is a noncooperative group in the government ;it's the President's own party. You really want to talk about governing ? The President did not even govern when he had the majority in both houses . The plans that were passed came from the mosh pit of Democrat constituencies forged by Reid and Pelosi while the President honed his golf game and played celebrity President.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Or do you think the private sector is doing just fine?.
    Hello again, Steve:

Obama said that the "private sector is doing fine," although the political snafu was not too far from the truth.

The fact is corporate America is doing fine. Corporate America is making record profits while sitting on nearly $2 trillion, and the income of the wealthiest Americans is soaring. So, capital in the private sector is doing fine. Workers, not so much. But, I'm glad to hear that you care about the workers.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Ex it's not that the Republicans won't work with Obama.
    Hello tom:

You can believe that fantasy if you wish. Personally, I believe Mitch McConnell.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
    What about ALL the legislation passed by the House that Prince Harry wouldn't even let hit the floor in the Senate the last 3.5 Years?

After all.. there is this thing called co-equal branches of government... Obama isn't a King... or a god. And they aren't below him... or his underlings.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 09:15 AM
    We're just taking Bill Clinton's advice from 2 years ago on what our priority should be.

"The Democrats are saying something like this: 'We found a big hole that we did not dig. We didn't get it filled in 21 months, but at least we quit digging,'" Clinton said at the time. "'Give us two more years. If it doesn't work, vote us out.'"
    Seems like sound advice to me.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
    This Trumanesque blame it on the do nothing Congress and Roosevelt like blame it on the rich only worked when the Dems had complete control of the message.

There are 2 ways he could've handled an opposition Congress .Show strong leadership and get Congress to act like Reagan did ,or triangulate like Clintoon did when he announced the era of big government was over . This guy expects Congress to roll over and play dead ;and then blames them for his failure to make them do so.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Here you go all you whiners about 'do-nothing' Republicans. Here's John Boehner today, standing in front of jobs bills the House has passed that the Democrat controlled Senate that hasn't offered a budget in over 3 years has refused to consider:
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 10:33 AM
    If you look closely you can see the tears in his eyes .
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
    LOL, I wouldn't doubt it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
    But the real problem isn't Congress . It's the American consumer . Face it ,we aren't buying enough thingamajigs .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
    I don't have money to buy thigamagigs.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 11:25 AM
    I've been waiting for the price of thingamajigs to come down.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
    "under my plan ,the cost of thingamajigs will necessarily skyrocket "
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I don't have money to buy thigamagigs.
    That's because the middle class buying power has shrunk. But the rich still get richer.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Well, the same old clichés aren't going to fix anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am low a priority to her [ 10 Answers ]

Im just wondering... My GF I have been with for over 3 years has been confusing me lately. We use to be so good together but lately she never seems to want to be with me on holidays. The first two new years she's been spending it with me but she didn't look so happy. So I let her spend it with her...

I want to be a priority not an afterthought [ 9 Answers ]

I've never been a priority to this man... he's always trying to fix his faults but keeps putting his foot in his mouth. I'm sick of the X wife and I'm sick of his long time female friend. He's always making these women a priority. Now I don't want to touch him or him touch me cause he's made me...

Space priority [ 4 Answers ]

Hello new the forum I have a question about sharing space (rooms) we have a blended family, she has 2 twins 9 yo a boy and a girl, I have a 14yo girl. The twins shared rooms up until we married 4 years ago, after marriage we put the girls together and the boy got his own room. My daughter now...

IP priority [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all Good afternoon , how we priority for IP , i.e I have some IPs Going through specific interfaces , I want to give some priority For some IP on other Useful information : router model :CISCO7606 ...

View more questions Search