Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
    How do I know if my car is satellite radio ready?
    I just bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze and satellite radio is supposed to be standard in all models. I called Sirius a few days ago and they asked what my radio ID was and I had no idea. They also told me to press the Satellite button and it would tell me, well I don't see a satellite button but I could be overlooking it. I have options in menus that pop up on the screen but can't seem to find anything. If anyone has any tips or information on this, can you please let me know? Thanks in advance!
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    I just bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze and satellite radio is supposed to be standard in all models. I called Sirius a few days ago and they asked what my radio ID was and I had no idea. They also told me to press the Satellite button and it would tell me, well I don't see a satellite button but I could be overlooking it. I have options in menus that pop up on the screen but can't seem to find anything. If anyone has any tips or information on this, can you please let me know? Thanks in advance!
    Anybody?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Moved from songs to Cars & Trucks
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Ok thank you, I really wasn't sure where to post it, didn't find a good category under music but cars and trucks makes more sense.

Anyway, does anybody know yet?
    jacquie16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
    You can have the vin checked first by sirius because usually they can locate the radio id using the vin. Also try tuning the radio to channel 0, it should usually show your radio id

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relative wants to sue for satellite radio subscription I was paying for... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a relative who, because she and her husband traveled a lot, was subscribed to Sirius satellite radio for several years as a convenient “luxury”. I also subscribe to satellite radio, on a completely separate account. A couple of years ago, her husband was laid off and she had to cancel her...

Trying to identify a Jazz instrumental on Satellite radio April 9th 7:30pm CST [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a jazz instrumental while I was in DSW shoes. They told me it was Satellite Radio. It played between 7:30 and 8:00pm on Friday April 9th Central time. Can anyone help me find out who it was? It included a flute and drums... and was very long.

My car is old, should I get ready to buy another or keep this one running? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix with 212,000 miles. The car runs like a dream! The previous owner spent thousands in repairs over the years. Most of the parts on this car are new except the engine/tranny. I have a little xtra money coming in for a while. I'm wondering if I should prepare to...

Car radio [ 1 Answers ]

I left lights on my 03 honda civic and battery went dead,had to boost it.Now when I start it the radio does not work and it says code on screen.

Wife's car and getting ready for iraq [ 3 Answers ]

Have an 01 grand am se new plugs and wires was running great after wards then yesterday just stopped running the engine light was on but have tried the tricks of turning the key on for 10 min tried disconnecting battery nothing is working and I can not afford to take it to a mechanic what should I...

View more questions Search