Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moore75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
    Resume Gap
    I have a 3 yr gap in my resume, honestly it was a combination of bad luck and taking complete care of my sick and crazy mother. I have an MBA great experience, when I apply to the jobs in my field, employers get concerned and don't hire me. I only get low paying, part time opportunities. I have a daughter and I can't take care of us. I'm so miserable, No support system, I'm on my last leg. Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Put together one or more functional resumes to highlight your skills and accomplishments under several major headings or functions. (I have three functional resumes: teacher, librarian, counselor, each with appropriate functions/headings for those careers.) The companies you worked for will be downplayed at the bottom, and you don't even have to include dates worked. Your resume is the tease that gets you the interview. Just be sure at the interview you have a credible explanation for the gaps if you include dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Returning to work after 4 year gap, and receiving SSDI. How to explain this on resume [ 3 Answers ]

Four years ago, I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety due to a personal issue. Started receiving SSDI in 2007 due to these conditions. I now have completely resolved these problems and am ready to return to work full force. As you may guess, the enormous employment gap compounded with...

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Have forced gap in resume. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I work for a US based firm as Software Developer ,while visiting my home country I got stuck with visa processing and it took some 6 months to clear it. My question is for this duration of 6 months gap how should I mention it my resume? I was not working for this duration and neither get...

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

New resume [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I need to type up a new resume but I don't really have much experience & my resume is pretty blank.. but all the places I apply for ask for one, what else can I put on it other than experience?

View more questions Search