Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dfox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Sewer flies
    I have sewer flies in my crawl.
    They are getting into my house.I had rotor rooter come and put a camera through my sewer line.They saw no breaks,but still believe they are getting into my crawl through a crack in the line.
    They want to break up the concrete and replace the sewer line at app $4500.
    There are no guarantees this is the spot.If this is not where the break is,they would next want to replace the line that goes outside to the street 5o feet.This will run app $6500.
    If this does not locate the source,they say they will need to look into the walls for a break!!
    There is no sign of a leak!
    I am at a loss of what to do.

Please if anyone knows any experts on this ,please let me know.I need to get rid of this problem before I loose my mind!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2015, 07:54 AM
    The advice you have been given is a complete rip off !
    I have been infected twice.The only way I know to eliminate them is to starve them out. Cover ALL drains, install fly strips, and use bug spray where you see a swarm.
    Drain flies have a life span of approximately one week. The secret is to starve them out before they can multiply. So cover EVERY drain even tub drains so they can not feed.
    Good luck Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2015, 08:01 AM
    The advice you have been given is a complete rip off !
    I have been infected twice.The only way I know to eliminate them is to starve them out. Cover ALL drains, install fly strips, and use bug spray where you see a swarm.
    Drain flies have a life span of approximately one week. The secret is to starve them out before they can multiply. So cover EVERY drain even tub drains so they can not feed.
    Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

What do sewer flies look like? [ 1 Answers ]

These tiny black bugs I have are mostly in my kitchen but not around the sink.I found a couple on my coat that was hanging on the kitchen chair and a few on the table. It's almost like they are dropping from the ceiling but I don't see any up there. They have legs but no antennae.

Sewer flies [ 1 Answers ]

I have read some of the postings about how to eliminate or at least control sewer flies. We have a septic tank and before I purchase any of the products available I want to make sure they are safe for septic tanks. Does anyone have any suggestions? If possible I would like to treat them asap...

Drain/sewer flies [ 4 Answers ]

We cannot get rid of drain/sewer flies. They are apparently breading in the dirt under our slab floor. We treated our sinks and drains for 2 years to no avail. Our plumbers finally suspected a cracked pipe; there were several: the toilet pipe, the bathroom sink pipe, the kitchen sink pipe...

Sewer flies [ 6 Answers ]

I am having the sewer/drain fly problem in my house. The house is a ranch on a slab. I have two bathrooms, one with a shower and the other a tub. I had a local plumbing company come in to check this. They found a open drain in the shower and fixed it. (The shower drain pipe was simply...

View more questions Search