Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliemeyers27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
    If you are taking metformin and would like to have a glass of wine, how soon before d
    If you are taking metformin and want to have a glass of wine, how soon before do you need to stop taking metformin so you don't suffer any side effect?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
    I am a diabetic and take metformin; I am not bothered by side effects when I drink a glass of wine, but can't advise for you in particular not knowing your medical history. Please consult with your doctor regarding this concern, or your pharmacist for that matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Can I take Vitex while also taking Metformin? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on metformin 1000mg/day to control bloodsugar, to help with my PCOS and non-ovulation. (I also take Levothyroxine 25mg/day for my thyroid, and evening primrose oil capsules as well as prenatal vitamins, just in case it makes a difference.) We are trying for a baby and heard about the...

Transferring room temperature wine to wine fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a proper procedure for transferring wine that has been stored at room temperature to a wine fridge? Does it need to be a step by step process in lowering the temp. of the wine till it reaches the optimum storage temperature?

Redistribution/re-sale of wine or fortified wine [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to charge a fee for private wine tastings in people's home (people of legal drinking age) in the state of Texas and Louisiana, (a) do I need a special license or permit to charge a fee for the wine tasting? And (b) if I want to sell them contingency bottles of wine (1 of each type of...

Can a liver transplant recipient have only ONE glass of red wine? [ 2 Answers ]

Just as the subject says... I would like to know if I can have a casual glass of red wine when having dinner or going out with friends. I have had a liver transplant in March 2006 and since then, I've been really healthy and didn't have any wine... but I am really missing it. Just one glass on a...

View more questions Search