Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    detroitniner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Wire color for 240v
    Went to homedepot to buy wire for hottub/spa
    Aprox 80ft in the four colors, red,green white and black
    The guy helping me told I could save a lot of money buying a roll of black and mark the ends red,green,white and that it would pass inspection
    Has anyone heard of this Im in Michigan
    Thanks in advance
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jun 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
    It would be a violating of NEC pool and spa codes to use anything but a green wire for the ground (no, you can't mark a black wire green)... not to say you're local inspector would necessarily know this, and not pass it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a 240v plug with 3 silver screws using 10-3 wire [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a commercial electric heater that requires a 240v plug was told at homedepot to use 10-3 wire and a 30amp breaker so that's what I have but don't know how to wire the plug because it only has 3 screws in a why shape and they are all silver but 10-3 wire has a black red white and ground...

240V wire color [ 5 Answers ]

Two interrelated questions: My stationary air compressor will be hard wired and runs on STRAIGHT 240V-ie two hots only. Since the two hots are connected to a double pole breaker, can both wires be the same color or need to be different(red & black)? Same question for my welder, though this...

Connecting 240V 3 wire to 240V 4 wire [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new Electric Counter Top Stove. The New stove has only 3 wires to connect (Red, Black, and Ground). My old stove have 4 wires (Red, Black, White, and ground). What do I do with the White Wire that is coming from my Electrical Box. This is what the install manual says. You must...

240V Wire Color/Connector mapping [ 1 Answers ]

In a 240V circuit, the red and black are the 2 hot wires. When connecting these 2 wires to a receptacle or plug, does it matter which wire go to which of the 2 hot prongs? I have a Hubbel NEMA 14-30P... the 2 hot prongs is label XXX & YYY. Does the Red go to XXX and Black go to YYY? Does it...

View more questions Search