Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beelikethat33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
    why does the sims 3 keep crashing
    Hi,

I have a iMac 27 inch, Mid 2010, Processor 2.8GHz Intel COre i5

8 GB 1333 HHZ DDR3 RAM,

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB Graphic card and with OS X Lion 10.7.4 installed.

I play the Sims 3 with World Adventure, Ambitions, Late NIght, Generations, and stuff packs: Fats Lane, Design and High Tech, Outdoor Living, and Town live installed.

My problem is that when I'm playing the Sims, it tends to quit after 20 minutes or so - either it quits and raise an exception error or when I try to save it, it comes up with error code 12. I've tried everything and, including cleaning up the caches and removing the bad saves from the folders but the game just won't work properly. A lot of the time it crashes after I go to wardrobe, have a party or go to a venue. I've already upgraded my RAM form 4GB to 8, which helped initially but now the problem is practically as before.

I no longer use The Sims 3 Launcher as each time I downloaded an update, the game would refuse to play and I ended up de-installing and re-installing - something that I've done so often I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't part of EA game plan!

Do you have any ideas on what the problem is and any possible solutions?

Regards

B.
    crp1999 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Since you have so many expansion and stuff packs, your computer may be failing to load the content. This happened with my brother last week and we found that the best way to get rid of this is to un-install and re-install the game. If you can't do this, then I'm sorry to waste your time.
    beelikethat33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Hi crp1999,

Thanks for responding to my question. I wrote it so long ago I'd forgotten about it lol. I actually came up with a better solution for running the Sims 3 on a Mac. The game says it is compatible for Mac but EA has done nothing to ensure it runs on the OS environment and as it is a game for Windows, is where all the problems with it running on a Mac comes in.

What I did in the end was partition my Mac using Boot Camp, that comes free with Macs and if you print and follow the instructions for doing so, is very simple. I bought Windows 7 and installed it on the partition and now the game runs without hardly any problems, even with all the XPs installed. I got most of the information off the Sims 3 forum and I'm finally happy that I don't have to spend hours re-installing a game I spent hundreds of £s on that EA can't be bothered to port to the environment they advertised it is compatible for.

I hope your brother is enjoying his game, because I might not like EA but the Sims is a great game.

Cheers.

B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sims medival for sims 2? [ 1 Answers ]

Hia I was wondering if that sims game (pc)is or sims 2? Thanks for reading =0)

Why does my Sims 3 keep crashing? [ 0 Answers ]

Whenever I'm in my game, it will hang for a few seconds and then it will automatically shut off. I used to be able to play the game for hours and it won't crash at all! I didn't touch the game for a few months and recently when I tried to play, it would crash! :( I've tried: 1. uninstalling...

Can sims miscarry on Sims 2? [ 4 Answers ]

As it says in the title :) I never knew this was possible, I have never experienced this happen to a sim.

Sims 3 keeps crashing. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had the game for nearlly a year and it worked fine until about 4 days ago, when suddenly it crashed. Since then its been crashing every 10 minutes. Please Help!

Why does my sims 3 keep crashing? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought sims 3 a while a go and it was fine, I could make sims with no problem then about five minutes into the game it would just close the game. So I took it back and they said it had a fault and I got a refund, anyway just after christmas I bought it againt thinking it would be fine, and it was...

View more questions Search