Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen5187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
    What should I do about a sore, swollen ankle?
    I recently began running about a month ago. I used to run track in high school, but it has been a few years. In high school I ran sprints and so my body is more used to running on the balls of my feet rather than from heal to toe. Now I am running to get ready for a 5k and my ankle recently started hurting and is swollen. What might it be from and what can I do so that I can get back out running?

Check out some similar questions!

My ankle is hurts sometimes &is still swollen. [ 1 Answers ]

I sprained my ankle about 5 months ago, I was just running &fell on it wrong. I stayed off it for about 2 days, and it stayed wrapped &i iced it a lot. Then I went back to school. My ankle eventually stopped hurting but now it hurts if I move it the wrong way or if I cross my legs &sit on it. It...

Lump on back of ankle, sore when wearing shoes [ 1 Answers ]

About November time I bought some new black ankle boots, soft leather and the right size but my left ankle developed a lump and when you push it it sort of crunches. I have quite a high arched foot and my feet aren't particularly wide but some shoes/boots that cover the whole of my foot are...

Sore ankle. [ 0 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I hurt my ankle quadding, I rolled the quad and my foot got stuck in the tire.. I went to ER and the doctor told me it was a very serious sprain, I tore all the ligiments and the muscles were torn. He said I could either have a cast (for 6 weeks), or just wrap it. Since hockey was...

How long does a swollen ankle take to heal? [ 3 Answers ]

Friday November 26th 2010 , I was warming up for gym class, and we were playing volleyball, and after we either spiked or volleyed it over the net we had to go run to get it, so I did, and as I was running ( this sounds funny but it was painful) as I was running I tripped over my own foot, and now...

Painful foot and ankle rash. So swollen I can't even walk. [ 2 Answers ]

I am so freaked out. Yesterday morning my feet, ankles and lower legs broke out into a red, itchy flat almost hive looking in one spot and bumpy in other spots rash. It's not on the bottoms of my feet, but everywhere else on feet and ankles. As it gets higher it spread out in random spots of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.