Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogtales Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
    Insurance while having property in 2 states
    I own a house in Nebraska but want to move to Los Angeles California in September to work and get an apartment for a minimum of 1 year. I want to keep my house in Nebraska to return to eventually. I will have to become a resident of California once I get a job. That means a CA drivers license and register my car there. My 2nd vehicle will still be in Nebraska to use when I go there. Will I be able to keep my Nebraska insurance on my house and car that will remain there even though I will be a resident of CA?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 04:55 AM
    Yes, no problem. Lots of people do this when they have two properties in different states. The cars and homes will be covered on separate policies. As for your NE car registration - when it comes time to renew with the DMV simply update the mailing address to your new CA address, and if they ask for a driver's license number give them your new CA license number. I suggest that you talk to your insurance agent - you can most likely get a discount for insuring multiple cars and multiple dwellings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which states require a personal property eviction to be completed upon foreclosure ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a list or site that has a list of states that require a personal property eviction when personals are left inside a property upon foreclosure.

Does some states automatically add you to property or do you have to do it in person [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend has been together 11years.I was working when we met,then I had his son,he didn't want me to work.so I just kept up house.you know soccer-mom type.well we finally got married and things aren't going to good.I told him that he can leave.just give me the house and pay the...

Prenup Agreement - is NY one of those states where property you own before marriage are [ 1 Answers ]

Through this website I understand that under California and Washington laws the property you own before marriage remains your separate property as a matter of law. Is that same for New York ?

View more questions Search