Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtfred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Why TV input select not highlighted on panasonic dvd recorder
    I have a Panasonic dmr-ez48v DVD recorder connected to direct TV dish I can record from the dish but I cannot record from antenna that is connected directly to the rf in on the DVD recorder and the rf out from recorder connected to ref in on TV. Also the input select TV option on DVD recorder is not highlighted only in1, in2 and DV options are usable. How can this be fixed?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
    Maybe doesn't support Coax, Try Composite or Component?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Did you perform a channel scan on your DVD recorder? And when you did so, did you make sure to choose antenna/air?

Also, the reason that the "TV" option does not show up on your TV is probably because that input is disabled on your TV. Without knowing information about your TV we cannot help you with that. Please provide the make and model of your TV. Also check in any input label settings or the channel scan settings of your TV to see if you can enable/disable the internal tuner or to at least enable channel 3/4 (depending on the output settings of your DVD recorder).

Or as Strat mentioned, you can connect that DVD recorder to your TV in various ways. If I recall correctly, you can also connect it via HDMI--provided your TV has an HDMI input.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I buy a dvd vhs player recorder with coaxial input? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy a dvd vhs player recorder with coaxial input? I want to occasionally record a TV show, which I was able to do previously by connecting my cable box to my DVD/VCR Recorder-player with a coaxial cable plus RCA audio and visual color cables. My new Magnavox DVD/VCR Recorder-player...

How do I select HDMI as the input on my used Panasonic Flat Screen TV? (It's not hi l [ 0 Answers ]

How do I select HDMI as the input on my used Panasonic Flat Screen TV? (It's not hi lighted to select)

How do you go about hooking up a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Recorder to a T.V. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to hook up a DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a T.V. set. It is a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a Sharp 46 inch T.V. tHE t.v. is aLCD T.V. My name is Danny Couch And my E-mail address is [email protected].

Panasonic DVD Recorder stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Model DMR-EH50 when I turn it on it just reads "Please Wait". I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but it doesn't do anything. I have to press the power button in for about 30 seconds to shut the system off. Panasonic wants me to mail it to Texas and pay for repair. Not sure it is...

Connecting my panasonic dvd recorder, direct TV hd receiver and my hdtv [ 5 Answers ]

I try to connect my hd TV, panasonic dvd recorder and hd receiver , but I couldn't , I want able to record programs in my dvd recorder.Can someone please help me step by step how to set done this. I have: Olevia lcd hdtv Connections: Hdmi Component s-video Rca

View more questions Search