Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Adipex --- Does it work
    Has anyone tried Adipex? Does it work? Are there strange side effects, other than those listed on the manufacturer's web site?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley7180
    Has anyone tried Adipex? Does it work? Are there strange side effects, other than those listed on the manufacturer's web site?
    This drug is the closest cousin to amphetamine. Which means it's a drug that stimulates the central nervous system which increase your heart rate, blood pressure and thereby decreases your appetite. It's a high priced product with some dangerous side effects, like it's habit forming and a hazard if your driving just to name 2. Anyone can lose fat quickly, but losing weight does not mean a lower body fat percentage, which is why most people go on a diet, to lose body fat. With rapid weight loss the large part of it is fluid loss which is easily regained after the diet. A lower body fat percentage comes from healthy and steady weight loss, slowly lowering fat levels in a permanent weight control for years, limiting weight regain. It's a lot of stress on your heart and I believe there's better alternatives, then taking a speed like drug---:( like healthy eating.
    meganlynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Hi, I've been using adipex since yesterday, and I've already lost 3 pounds! I also know somebody who lost 90lbs total with it. I haven't had any of the side effects yet, but I don't think there are any more other than what the actual website says. The good thing about the pill is after you take you feel energized about 30 minutes later and want to be active and do things instead of sitting around, it also keeps you from getting hungry so often. I only eat twice a day now instead of all the time like I used to. So you should definitely try it because it works for me and it's a great pill, just remember you must exercise and be active with it also.
    mpaige09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 10:14 AM
    Hi. I'm a 19 year old female from Louisiana so you know the amazing cajun, creole, fried and seasoned foods that I'm around on a dailey basis. I'm 5'8" tall and my weight 2 weeks ago, before I started taking Adipex, was 284.8. Two weeks later, I now weigh 274.4. So I've lost 10.4 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks! Adipex really makes you not feel hungary at all. I used to CRAVE fried foods and Chinese food and canned coke, but now if I see it or smell it doesn't phase me. My boyrfriend eats McDonlad's and Sonic and Toco Bell and Burger King almost every day right in front of me and without Adipex, I wouldn't be able to stand it before. And he's not doing it to be mean, I want him to so I can get in used to being around people eating the foods I love and not drooling over it and wanting it. And before Adipex, when it was time for me to eat, I just gobbled my food up like I was starving. But now I eat smaller portions of food and I eat it slow. I don't have the erge to take large bites or eat so fast. I chew my food and it settles a lot better and you don't feel like you are about to bust when you are finished eating. I have completely cut out fast-food, which was almost a daily thing for me, and my caffine intake and started drinking water with every meal and I drink bottles in between meals, although it has been scientificaly proven that a cup of coffee every morning will boost your metabolism and give you energy. I know it sounds like it would be hard to cut out all this delicious food, but with the Adipex it won't phase you. But you don't have to completely cut out this food. You can have a hamburger once or twice a week or whatever it is you usually like to eat, but I just choose not to since I'm not hungary anyway. I also take a weekly B12 shot that gives me energy. But the Adipex alone would do wonders because it will make you not hungary regardless. Believe me, I was a heavy eater but now I sometimes have to force myself to eat a meal because I just don't feel hungary, but you have to eat. Not eating will decrease your metabolism and eventually once you get older you won't have a metabolism at all. Then you are in big fat trouble. I also fast pace walk for 30 minutes everyday at the nearby track. I don't go by laps, I go by minutes. If you don't really like to walk then my advice is listen to an iPod or something with music that really gets you going whether it is rock music that screams the truth or a rap song that just spits rymes that you can relate to. No downing or sad music because that won't encourage you to keep going. Listening to this music while walking will make it feel like time is going by faster and encourage you to keep going. Well, I sort of got off topic for a little bit but all of this has helped me lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks and I'm motivated to keep going. And I know there are probably some misspelled words in here, but that's okay too. Good luck and I hope you reach your goal!
    lisap1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 01:45 AM
    Well I'm 26 years old and I have been on adipex for 5 months now and I only lost 3 ibs so if anybody can tell me about that it will be great/... I work out with friends and family ever day and I have three kids I worked 2 jobs so please if any one can answer this it will help me out a lot..
    cafeauchocolate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
    I have taken adipex for a month now and I have only lost 3lbs. I walk three times a week and currently maintain a 1200 calorie diet. Adipex really curbs my appetite, but I have not lost the weight I was hoping to lose. I hate this pill and I plan to try another pill to assist me in my weight loss. Also adipex makes me feel sleepy and sluggish after I take it. I don't think this is a normal reaction to the pill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Do you think it will really work out? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Sarah, I have a problem. My boyfreind barley calls me anymore, I never get to see him, and I can never call him because I don't know how to get up with him. I want this relationship to work out because I love him more then words can express we have been going out for about 3 months...

Work [ 1 Answers ]

How can work be calculated?:eek: I have to know know

Help with work out [ 4 Answers ]

Heylo. I am having troubles. I see everyone and I see them being strong and fast and I wish I could be like them. I want to be strong I want a desent body. I would really like more muscle tone and muscle period. The promblem is that I'm realativly weak and all I have is a barbel. And some leg...

Some of my work [ 2 Answers ]

Some pointers on my stuff? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Der_Konig/Beaauty.jpg I made it on adobe photoshop 7,I don't have much other stuff to display due to a recent computer death *tear* =(

View more questions Search