Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carson house Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 04:13 PM
    The inline vent has sewer smell coming from it. How do I stop that smell?
    In the bathroom one of the double sinks has sewer smell coming from under the cabinet in the area of the inline vent. Took that vent off and put on one from the kitchen vent. Still smells.

The drain runs just fine. Have gone up on the roof and sprayed with the hose, water into the vent. No other sink inline vent has that smell.

Ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Try this. Remove the AAV and plug off the opening with wet rags, Give it a while and fill and drain the bowl. Does it still smell down there? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer gas smell coming from studor vent installed under kitchen sink about a year ago [ 14 Answers ]

Hi - We had a problem with drainage in our kitchen sink after a remodel. It was a year ago I came to this site and asked for help. It was recommended we install a studor vent - which seemed to correct the problem and has worked great. However, we are now getting a terrible sewer smell from the...

What can I do about sewer gas smell coming from my drain waste vent? [ 2 Answers ]

There is a terrible raw sewage smell coming from the drain waste vent (DWV) on top of my roof. The sewage smell can be smelled from 4 houses away. Because the sewage smell was also coming from manhole covers, the city has been out twice to flush the main sewer line and also plugged the holes in two...

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

Sewer smell coming from basement [ 2 Answers ]

We built a house 2 yrs ago and had a bathroom roughed into the basement. Since day 1 there has been a strong sewer smell coming from the basement and we recently found out that the builders didn't put a cover over the piping down there and they said that aren't required to do so. Has anyone ever...

View more questions Search