Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
    When picking at it or pressing it with your tongue you cause the pus to ooze and so you notice the odour. Definitely need to see a dentist. Antibiotics are probably in order.
    Using hydrogen peroxide as a rinse for extended periods has been linked to increasing the risk of oral cancer especially if you are a smoker and/or drinker. You are best to use the peroxide on a Qtip and gently dab it over the area as a TEMPORARY measure.
    BSAAACK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
    I just got my wisdom teeth out and there is a strange smell coming from the hole where my bottom left tooth used to be. It's utterly repulsive if I do say so myself
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 07:48 PM
    I hope you are gently rinsing with warm salt water.
    PhilIvey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
    Im 20 and I have the same problem. Im thinking my dad had the same problem because my wisdom tooth smells exactly like my dad's bad breath. Although there is no pain at all... the smell is really bothering me. I never knew how serious th is problem can be. I noticed this problem for the past 6 months now, should I immediately see a dentist or can I just wash my mouth with Listerine and salt water for a few weeks and see how it is?
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 09:42 PM
    I'd definitely go see a dentist. You want to be sure there is no infection in your mouth.
    m3878 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 07:35 AM
    After brushing your teeth, use salt water (mix a spoon of sea salt with 25 ml water) in a period of one or two weeks, you will see and feel the difference. Have the salt water in your month for 2-3 min (ensure the water reachs your wisdom tooth). Then clean your teeth by using dental floss.

Do it twice a day if the smell is so bad :D. Believe me, salt water is better than any other medicines/mouth wash... Let me know the result! Good luck :D
    downinmouth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 03:51 AM
    I too know this problem, also finding lack of finances a huge hindrance in getting help!
    Have seen an oral surgeon who was happy to remove but I simply could not afford, now going back to dentist for a deep scale/clean... hoping for a miracle??
    downinmouth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 03:56 AM

Oh boy I can relate... having being diagnosed with an impacted wisdom [lower] almost 18 months ago, still trying to locate a surgeon who is affordable? Have fought the "smell" with just about everything, nothing lasts and using a mouthwash for too long can have its own risks!
    I was quoted close to $1,100 to have this thing removed, but not able to come up with this kind of money?
    So, while I try to figure this out, have opted to return to my dentist for a deep scale/clean, with a hope she is able to think of another alternative... good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Words of wisdom... [ 4 Answers ]

When I was 15yrs in 1999, a song was release called 'Sunscreen'. At the time it did not really mean much to me or have much of an impact. I heard it for the first time since 1999 last night and the words had so much of an impact on me I just had to share it with you guys. It bought tears to my...

Bad smelling bath/sink [ 2 Answers ]

For the past few months we have been noticing a bad, sulfur-type odor coming from our master bath toilet and sink. The smell is not constant and doesn't always correspond to running water (running both hot and cold water in the sink can cause the smell, but it disappears after a few minutes) or...

Help with sewage smelling basement! [ 7 Answers ]

Thanks for any input. Let me begin by saying I know NOTHING about the plumbing in my 100+ yr old home so let me provide you with some information. I have a stone block foundation that has leaked since the day I moved in so I'm not a stranger to seepage in my basement. Lately though ANY time I...

Wisdom Teeth Post Op Question [ 1 Answers ]

I had my left side extracted 2 days ago. I feel like I've done everything right and even went back to the oral surgeon to make sure, but last night I noticed some blood in my mouth. This morning my teeth had blood all over them. Now, my mouth wasn't dripping blood, it was just on my teeth. Is this...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search