Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blewis88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 11:53 AM
    How to remove handle on single handle moen shower faucet
    I have a single handle shower faucet. Took out the end screw and the small screw under the handle that tightens it to the unit. The handle will not slide off. Is there a step I am missing? How do I get the handle off??
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Normally there is either a small allen screw on the bottom side of the handle, or a long screw under a cap on the front of the handle. I have never seen a moen single handle shower faucet with both a front and bottom screw that holds the handle on. Can you post a pic of your fuacet handle and anchoring screw locations. Seems to me that you have the handle screw/s removed and just need to rock the handle up and down and side to side while pulling straight out to get it off. Sometimes they get a little sticky in which case you need to use a little more force. Now, there are some handles that actually screw on by way of the escutchion, so I really need to see a pic, or an exact model of the fuacet.
    dogdeville Posts: 69, Reputation: -4
    -

Jun 9, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Go on back side of wall. You may have to cut a hole in wall. I'm not sure why you want it off?
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
    Dodge, there is no need to gain access to the actuall valve body just to simply remove the handle on any fuacet that I have ever seen. Why would you suggest such a thing?
    dogdeville Posts: 69, Reputation: -4
    -

Jun 9, 2012, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Dodge, there is no need to gain access to the actuall valve body just to simply remove the handle on any fuacet that I have ever seen. Why would you suggest such a thing?
    you the expert but that's why I asked why they wanted it off? Is something leaking ?
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Dodge, fair enough question. Lets see what blewiss has to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove a moen single handle kitchen faucet [ 11 Answers ]

I am just trying to remove the mounted faucet in order to replace or fix this one is there some special trick to a removal ? Please help

How to remove a moen single handle shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Moen single handle shower faucet and there are no retainer clips or allen screws to remove the houseing. There was one screw for the handle that easily came out and there two screws for cover plate that can not be removed all the way because it hits the housing that the handle attached...

How to remove single handle on moen kitchen faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Faucet is 19 years old. Handle has a moen logo on the cap. I can't figure out how to pop off the cap, there is no slit or anything to use a screwdriver to remove the cap on the handle.

How to remove a newer moen single handle faucet [ 9 Answers ]

My single moen positemp shower faucet has no hot water coming out it's just a trickle. I removed the handle and plate removed the horseshoe pin but can't remove anything else it has this white plastic rectangular thing with hand c on it on the shaft but I can't pull anything out. I even screwed...

Drippy Moen single handle shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do we stop the dripping? How do we take the shower handle off?

View more questions Search