Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    air1mah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Whirlpool Gas Water Heater Pilot Light
    I have a Whirlpool 40 gallon water heater, when attempting to light the burner, the pilot light goes out when the reset button is released. (After holding the reset button down for the required amount of time). Does anyone know what's going on?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Sounds like the thermocouple is bad, usually an easy replace.
    Whirlpoolwaterh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Sorry to see you're having problems! Can you contact me directly so I can help?
    Www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com/help
    Thanks! ~ Chris
    American Water Heater, authorized licensee for Whirlpool Water Heaters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Water Heater - pilot light won't start [ 13 Answers ]

I have Whirlpool Water Heater (MOD#: BFG1F4040S3NOV) We shut it off to bug-bomb the garage... and now the pilot light won't turn back on... I think it is a problem with the Thermal Switch... the switch reset button has no tension on it - it slides slightly in and out without resistance... ...

Water heater won't light, pilot is on, so is it the gas valve? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a maybe 9 year old AO Smith water heater, model number FGR 50 242. The pilot is burning, but the burner will not light. I cranked the temp up all the way and nothing. I scrubbed the thermocouple (ie the device that sticks into the pilot light) lightly with a wire brush (just for fun I guess,...

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Cannot relight gas water heater pilot light [ 2 Answers ]

After I light it, my gas water heater pilot light always goes out when I release the pilot light knob. This occurs regardless of how long I have been depressing the knob (usually several minutes) to keep the pilot light going after I have ignited it.

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

View more questions Search