Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melodyanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 06:11 PM
    VCR to Recordaable DVD player without matching connections
    My VCR has white and yellow in/out and coaxial in/out. In need to hook it up to my recordable DVD player which has the white and yellow in/out but only a coaxial out labeled digital audio out. So how do I hook the VCR up to the DVD player which then goes to the TV so I can record my old family VHS tapes to DVD"?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Yellow and white output into the DVD recorder's white and yellow input.

Then ready a disc (some players automatically do this). See your DVD recorder's manual for the specific details. Cue up your tape. Set your DVD recorder to record from the proper input (if there are two inputs, Line 1 is usually the one on the back, and Line 2 is usually the one on the front). Begin recording onto the DVD then play the tape.

You can also find DVD/VHS combo recorders which make it just a little bit easier to transfer from VHS to DVD.

The "digital audio out" on the DVD recorder is for DVD playback. You would use that connection to connect the DVD recorder to a surround sound system so that when you are watching a DVD with a digital audio track, it plays through the surround sound digitally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVR player with DVD/VCR player [ 4 Answers ]

I have a directtv DVR box and can not recorder on my DVD/VCR player. I can play an VCR tape. I need help to connect the cables correctly to be able to record from my TV to my DVD/VCR player. Please help.:confused:

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

Hd TV connections to vcr/dvd combo player [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 30" flat screen HD tv receiving non HD signals from a cable co.. There is no cable box, just the cable coming thru the wall. The directions in the owner's manual show the cable hooked directly into the vcr/dvd player then with a 3-wire hook-up (red, yellow, white) from vcr out...

Electronics TV, vcr, dvd, satellite connections [ 4 Answers ]

:electronics: I'm having problems connecting everything back up. I have a orion vcr, rca dvd/vcr recorder, and a direct TV receiver and they were all connected before with coaxial cables and a signal splitter. Help please.

View more questions Search