Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adm327 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Domestic violence restraining order
    I recently had a fall out with a friend and he filed a domestic violence restraining order but stated we didn't date (which is true ). Will the case be dismissed based on improper filing and I also have a civil harassment restraining order against this individual and I have proof he's been served and he's having a 3rd party text me his court date. Is that violation of the restraining order?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm327 View Post
    I recently had a fall out with a friend and he filed a domestic violence restraining order but stated we didn't date (which is true ). Will the case be dismissed based on improper filing and i also have a civil harassment restraining order against this individual and I have proof he's been served and hes having a a 3rd party text me his court date. Is that violation of the restraining order?

What is the improper filing? He stated you didn't date and that's true. I don't see anything else about grounds and don't know where that statement fits in.

What is your proof that HE is asking a third party to text you his next Court date?

Without knowing the word on the protective order it's impossible to say.

Would you have an action against the third party? Possibly if they are going overboard.
    Adm327 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What is the improper filing? He stated you didn't date and that's true. I don't see anything else about grounds and don't know where that statement fits in.

What is your proof that HE is asking a third party to text you his next Court date?

Without knowing the word on the protective order it's impossible to say.

Would you have an action against the third party? Possibly if they are going overboard.
    I never dated this individual so the requirements aren't met for a domestic violence restraining order. In his declaration he stated we never been in a relationship but he checked that we were dating on the request .

Also this guy has been harassing me and he had a mutual acquaintance send me the court date for his restraining order and other harassing behaviors because I have yet to be serviced. He is not allowed to contact me or be 100 yards near the place where I volunteer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic Violence Restraining Order [ 2 Answers ]

I filed for and obtained a domestic violence restraining order against my husband after nearly a year of physical and other types of abuse. The judge awarded the DV order for one year, gave me possession of the family vehicle and awarded me temporary alimony in the amount of $1,000 -- the amount my...

Domestic Violence Temporary Order and Notice of Hearing in NH - Frivolous? [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I had a DVT and Notice of Hearing served to me from my ex-girlfriend. What led up to her filing the complaint was me contacting her many times over a 2 month period after she requested I never contact her again in writing. I really struggled with the break-up and kept contacting her...

Restraining Order - Repeat Violence [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a restraining order against him and he has asked me To go speak to the person who ordered the restraining order and ask that Person to drop the order because he says it is my fault that it was placed on Him. I am afraid if I do that according to Florida law this would be...

View more questions Search