Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abe432 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 12:57 AM
    In a pickle
    Hey there,

Im a guy, And I have a best friend who is really pretty, When I met her, I didn't have any emotions or feelings towards her apart from the friends feelings,

But recently I have been getting feelings for her, ( she doesn't have them feeling towards me what so ever!) and I'm scared, I'm getting jealous every time she has a guy over, and always have in the back of my mind to be nosey.. I don't want this to go on any more,

Im worried that if this carries on then it will destroy the relationship that we have, and we have a really good bond. I just don't know what to do.. Shall I tell her? And things will never be the same again? Or shall I go through the rest of my life keeping this pain and suffering to myself, and put a fake smile on my face!

Help me please! :)
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 03:47 AM
    Having these feelings will eventually ruin your friendship with her, hiding them can be just as bad. Seems to me like you've already ruined the friendship on your side by developing feelings. To save yourself and her, it's probably best you don't remain friends. Unless you can learn to control your emotions, and accept the fact she will not be yours.

Jun 8, 2012, 03:55 AM
    But that's where I'm suffering, I still want to be friends with her.. she is always saying that she wouldn't know what to do without me in her life.. and I'm the same.

How would you suggest on how to control these feelings.
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 04:00 AM
    Controlling your feelings begins with you my friend. Everyone's different, but I would maybe focus on other girls you like, and give some of the attention you give your friend to these other girls. Every time you see her try you hardest to accept the fact that she is not yours, just a friend, think of the great friendship you have and how you don't want to ruin it.

Jun 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
    Okay I will try my hardest to ACCEPT that she isn't mine! Just good friends!

Thanks very much for your help! :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 04:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abe432 View Post
    Okay i will try my hardest to ACCEPT that she isnt mine! just good friends!

Thanks very much for your help! :)
    You're welcome buddy, we're always here to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in a bit of a pickle? [ 5 Answers ]

So I've known my best friend for 5 yrs. For the past year or two, my best friend has developed a crush on me. But it has become a "I like you" stage and "I want to go out with you" stage. He's 20 and I'm 20 too. I used to have a crush on him but a very light one in high school and by the time high...

I'm in a pickle. [ 8 Answers ]

This guy says he likes me a lot but he hasn't asked me out. How messed up is that? I'm beginning to wonder if he just said he liked me to make me feel better. I don't want to be pushy but he told me his feelings for me almost a month ago and I told him my feelings for him. I'm also wondering if I...

In a pickle [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I broke up with my ex 5 months ago. The last time I talked to her was 5 months as well. During the summer, when I would go on AIM and such, she would IM me. But I had no reason to answer. I would start seeing the trend of like every 3 weeks or less or more that I would go on, she would IM...

I'm in a pickle [ 1 Answers ]

Hey. I am 18 years old and ever since I was 12 I wanted to be a forensic scientist. When I actually started college for it I suddenly didn't want to do it anymore! I ended up dropping out of college and now I have no clue what I want to do... sort of. I am thinking about going into a medical field...

I'm in a pickle [ 4 Answers ]

I have been asked to do a science assignment, and the subject I have chosen is Forensics. The task is to find 6 different speakers and their opinions, from experts e.g (scientists, judges) and write a report about each opinion and also a biography about the person. I have been searching for...

View more questions Search