Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2004, 04:47 PM
    What size bike
    I'm a new rider, I'm 5'5'' weigh about 125 lbs and am a woman. What size bike should I be riding? Is a 125 (4 stroke) too small for my size? It feels more comfortable and easy to handle than a 230 or 250.
    ashdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 10:09 AM
    Try a Buell Blast
    SilverStratus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 03:34 AM
    [QUOTE=SilverStratus;3551006]Sorry, I have to disagree with the former suggestion. A Buell is not a beginner bike for a 5'5 woman. A 125 4 stroke isn't really big enough even for you. I have 34 years of motorcycle riding having owned countless types of bikes. I honestly think you will do very well on a Honda Rebel 250. It is a two cylinder cruiser with a very low seat "the rear suspension can also be very easily modified to get it even lower to the ground if you want to" The bike is powerful enough to be safe in traffic and can travel at interstate speed if you need to or want to. It's not a great bike for a 2 hour ride on the interstate at 75 mph.. but for riding around town or out on the back two lane roads.. the Honda Rebel 250 is perfect. You can put a windshield on it, saddlebags on the back for grabbing bread and milk. Hope this helps... If I were going to teach my 70 year old 5'4 mother to ride, the Honda Rebel 250 is the bike I would want her on. That is how confident I feel that you will do well and enjoy the bike.. One last thing, they did make a Rebel 450, so if you're ready to upsize after a while you can get on a bike that feels almost identical but has a little more weight and power. You may never want anything more than the 250 though depending on where and how often you want to ride. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bike riding and weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

I want to start bike riding to lose weight/peace of mind. I am on a pretty tight schedule time wise and want to know if I bike for twenty minutes pedeling the entire time, some uphill, will I reach the point where I start to burn fat? I am 5'7, 194lbs if that helps.

Sold motorcycle, got cash, buyer won't pick up bike? [ 5 Answers ]

Two days ago on the 12th a man responded to an ad we had in the local paper about a motorcycle we owned and were selling. He came by w/ his girlfriend and after about 30 minutes of discussion between the two of them, ultimately bought the bike. He did not want to ride it prior to buying it...

Stopping my bike and staying upright! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently purchased a honda goldwing, (my first bike). I find it (of course!! ) to be heavy, and my problem is stopping! I can stop now without falling, but my stops are sloppy, I have to drag my foot before stopping, but would like to try something a little more professional... can you help...

Size of dog [ 2 Answers ]

My 6 month old labX weighs 50 pounds and only goes up to about my knee, the vet at 4 months told us she'd be roughly 90 pounds (her dad was 120), her mom was only 60 pounds, will she grow any taller? She isn't overweight, nice and sleek looking, she eats about 4 1/2 cups of food a day and is very...

View more questions Search