Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    warlockangel300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Skin lightening products for sun-damaged skin?
    I'm a 19 year-old Multiracial African American male. A little background history, my mother is of Indian and African descent and my father is of African and Mestizo Hispanic descent. My mother and her mother have fair skin (bright golden tone)-her side of the family are generally lighter toned and my father has darker skin. My skin complexion when I was younger was very similar to my mother's (golden caramel) however over the years I've gradually gotten darker, most prominently when I was working outdoors during the summer three years ago in which my skin more noticeably darkened and never really returned to it's original complexion. Now I have nothing against dark skin nor is this self-hate in any way. Personally I am more comfortable with my lighter skin complexion as I feel it suits me best. Got nothing but love for my dark skin peeps. I've done some research regarding the matter, and I'd love to go to a dermatologist, but tends to be very expensive and on my college student budget that doesn't really work out. So I was wondering are there products anyone would recommend or any advice anyone has too offer.

To give you a general idea

Before
    This is how I looked a while back younger kid days, but more darker golden

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4r4iuBnAR1rn4d10o1_400.jpg

After

Very Similar

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/090622/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/1_mon/090622rescueme_larenztate1.jpg

Check out some similar questions!

Does Using Skin Lightening Products Make People More Likely to Get Skin Cancer? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay. A lot of people use skin lightening/whitening products. It's a big business in many parts of the world. People who eat too much all the time and not burning off enough calories by exercising might run the risk of getting overweight. People who smoke tobacco products run...

What are the best skin lightening products you ever tried? [ 10 Answers ]

Everyone feel free to share your experiences of the best skin lightening products you ever tried... Also yes I know that the same products do not work for everyone but chances are that if everyone shares the best skin lightening products they ever tried.You could then try it yourself and you never...

Damaged and injured by skin lightening products (monobenzone) [ 4 Answers ]

People just be happy with what you got in life My life is ruin I used monobenzone, hydroquinone, retin A and more stuff (not all together) My skin look bad really bad I look like monster//freak... sick... ugly... pa I can't go out.. at all.. and I don't! I don't know what to do any more I...

Sun Block and Skin Lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is a question to all those people that have achieved there desired complexion (especially blacks or non whites). How do you manage to avoid the sun? Also what sun block or spf do you use when in the sun? Do you avoid wearing skimpy/exposing clothing in order not to re-darkening?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.