Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Igill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 11:08 AM
    My cartilage earring
    I got my first cartilage earring done about a year and a half ago. Then, I got another one about 6 months ago, and it got infected, so I took it out. After it healed all the way, I got another one. It was doing grea the first few months, but now its red, swollen and it hurts really bad if I accidentally bump it or if I lay on it. I have had it for about 4 months now. So my question is, how can I take care of the infection without taking it out?
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jun 7, 2012, 03:51 PM
    The worst thing you can do for an infected cartillidge piercing is take it out. You need to make sure you don't sleep on it at all or ever have any pressure on it. Clean it with salt water or ear piercing solution. Keep hair away from it and if you use hair spray cover your ear before spraying. Another thing could be your ear not liking the size of the piercing or the material. Mine would not heal with a 14 gauge but was fine with a 16?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my cartilage earring? [ 4 Answers ]

I had my cartilage pierced on November 16th with a gun and I was wondering when I can safely change my earring. It doesn't hurt and I can sleep on my side again. It's not red anymore either. Maybe a little bit of pink but definitely not red. I can touch it and rotate the earring without pain and I...

My daughter took her earring out of her cartilage peircing [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter took her earring out of her cartilage that was hurting, will it close over night?

When can I wear a hoop/horseshoe earring in my cartilage? [ 2 Answers ]

How long after a cartilage piercing do I have to wait to wear a captive hoop or horse shoe?

When can I change my cartilage earring? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my cartilage pierced on November 16th with a gun and I was wondering when I can safely change my earring. It doesn't hurt and I can sleep on my side again. It's not red anymore either. Maybe a little bit of pink but definitely not red. I can touch it and rotate the earring without pain and I...

Name of this earring? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this earring, that I believe CLIPS onto the cartilage. It's a strip made of metal and looks really cool. NO, it is NOT an industrial. I have a picture but its from an anime: http://www.anime-infinity.com/Narumi_Ayumu.jpg And YES, these DO exist. I see many people with them :( I...

View more questions Search