Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stargirl2712 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Has anyone remained friends with an ex after a breakup? If so, how did it turn out?
    My ex and I remained friends for five months after our breakup, but we crossed the couple line many, many times. He seemed so in love with me in person and would text me a lot. One day, another girl starts texting him, and he begins texting her all day and just ignores my texts or any requests to hang out. However, if he sees me in person, he would say how pretty I am, etc. coupley things. I was so hurt because I discovered these texts on his phone and decided to go no contact after confronting him. I'm just looking for others who have had similar encounters and how they got through it! Please help.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Why are you going through your ex phone? I have remains friends with a few of my exes only because we are truly over each other. Otherwise, I would not have. So you and this ex and you don't have to friends with an ex.
    stargirl2712 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2012, 11:22 AM
    I was playing a game on his phone and I saw texts from her. It makes no sense as to how he can ignore me if another girl starts texting him! Then be all physically attached. I got sick of him then and just not contacted him. Maybe I can be friends with him but not now... at a much later time.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2012, 11:22 AM
    There are not many stories of ex's becoming friends. At least not lasting friends, it's best to go no contact and hinder the feelings you had, so they don't linger back into your life. Those feelings can do anything from ruining your future love life, to your social life.

Best thing to do is to never talk to them again, and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends after breakup OK? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! This is my first post so as you can tell I broke up and as I tried to cope with what happened I searched the Internet crazily about breakups and ended up here. My girlfriend of 3.5 years just broke up with me because her some events in parents marriage as well as my family's divorce...

Remained friends even though she has a boyfriend, but she still hurt me [ 14 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, This is my first question. Well, it's not really a question. I guess I need a place to vent and hopefully find some sense in my confusion. I apologize if it sounds too long-winded, but I want to be as detailed as possible. About a year and a half ago I met a very cool girl at...

Is it possible to be friends after breakup? Just seems so hard! [ 31 Answers ]

Little background, I met this girl back in end of Jan, we hit things off right away, staying out late nite's at restaurants just talking until 12-1am getting to know each other more. Week later, the actual dating began, I've never been so into someone, and ever so romantic, fireplace/candlelite...

Friends After breakup? [ 2 Answers ]

Just broke up with girlfriend of two years.It was mutually and good terms.We both Agreed to be friends.Is that possible?What are some advice.

My ex wants to remain friends just after the breakup [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just a met a guy who lives in my native country the other continent ;(, he was on a business trip and we have spent one week together. After he left, we kept emailing every couple of days, I went one week to visit my family and friends one month after, it was already scheduled...

View more questions Search