Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Sears Lawn Tractor
    My "riding tractor" (I have no idea why it's called that) is Sears, 8 years old. There is no tension on the blades; the blades are not engaging.

Sears charges $100 to come out and look at it, diagnose and estimate. This is actually not a bad deal because I can't find anyone who will transport it round trip for less than $150.

I wonder what this could be and if it's worth putting the money into an 8 year old tractor. I believe the original cost was about $1,400 at the end of the season.

Any thoughts?

Check out some similar questions!

Sears lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor starts and runs until I engage the clutch, then it stalls, as soon as I push the clutch back in, it will keep running, also, when I get off the seat it continues to run, which it shouldn't, any ideas? Clutch/brake safety switch?

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Engine will not start, turns over very weakly with a fully charged battery. When the spark plug is removed it turns over very well. Put the plug in and it does not turn over. Sometimes you can tip off the spark plug with gas and it will crank right up?? Engine will not start, turns over very...

Sears lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how to replace belt on sears ss/16 twin lawn tractor this is a older mower.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.