Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike Hunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
    The advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Unions can give individual employees in any workplace a unified voice when it comes to negotiating with their employer for issues like fairness, pay, benefits, worker rights, overtime, etc. This is particularly helpful if employees have tried and failed to make improvements on their own or in ad hoc groups. This is the main goal and 'advantage' pro-union people will cite for joining a union.

The disadvantages anti-union folks will cite include: requiring you to pay for their political messaging whether you like it or not; puts a burden on your employer which could mean reduced chances of advancement, raises and new hires; they say Unions claim to care about you and your family, but only care about the money they can extract from you and the employer for their own agenda.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages and disadvantages of trade unions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi you, This is ruby, I am doing course of employee relations and just wondering the advantages and disadvantages of trade unions. I couldn't find any resource about it:( . So could anyone help me? Thanks a lot Ruby

Advantages/disadvantages of trade unions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student currently studying for her General Studies A Level. I have been set the task of answering the following; Investigate the Extent to which Trade Unions are an anachronism in Modern Britain? It's not meant to be an essay just a problem solving exercise. I have wrote an...

Jistory, advantages and disadvantages of Trade Unions [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student currently studying MBA . I have been set the task of answering the following; History and problems and solutions of Trade Unions a In Bangladeshre It's not meant to be an essay just a problem solving exercise. I have wrote an introuduction but not sure where to go from...

Advantages and disadvantages of Apple [ 20 Answers ]

Dear all At the moment I will start my own internet business, so I am thinking on changing to a mac system, a G5 I think. My problem is that I never worked with Apple before, although I kwnon I can achieve better results, I don't know what are the advantages and disadvantages of using mac...

View more questions Search