Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rwalker26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:06 AM
    New t-stat, blower control and blower motor
    I recently had a roommate try and replace our old mercury heat pump t-stat with a new programmable wifi digital. When he tested it the fan wouldn't work. A help line said to connect g, c and y to test it. This burned out our board. We replaced the board and still nothing. He went out and got a new motor and run cap. We installed them but still no fan operation. We put the old t-stat back on and manged to get the relay to click but the fan still won't start. We have 24v between c and g. Also there is 120vac going to the fan. The old fan had a high, med and low connection. The new one only has high and low. I wired it in as best I could, minus the med wire. Is there anything else I should try?
    brother mike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:23 PM
    When was the last time that you experienced this problem? Did you already consult anyone else like technicians? They might help you especially if the blower motor is involve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic Chef Furnace Combustion and Blower motor control [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Magic Chef furnace, model EG6E80DC16-3, that works fine, but I'm troubled with the fact that the combustion motor and blower motor start up together at the start of a heat cycle. The schematic shows that it is wired correctly, both are turned on by single DPST NO relay. The typical...

New fan motor,t-stat and blower board but no indoor fan operation [ 0 Answers ]

I recently had a roommate try and replace our old mercury heat pump t-stat with a new programmable wifi digital. When he tested it the fan wouldn't work. A help line said to connect g, c and y to test it. This burned out our board. We replaced the board and still nothing. He went out and got a new...

Wiring up blower motor to control board [ 1 Answers ]

How do u wire new blower motor to control board what wires go where

Trane xv90 blower motor doesn't. Motor is free, unit is 7 years, not t-stat. Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run...

Can a Control Board cause a Blower Motor to cease/burn working ? [ 0 Answers ]

My technician went to this house to replace a tstat, once on scene he had trouble with the wiring, he cause the control board to stop working, but when another company arrived to replace the board they discovered that the blower motor has also stopped working, now is this a coincidence or can a...

View more questions Search