Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbiem67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Ssi benefits for children of disabled parents
    My sons going to be 18 if he lives at home and goes to collage does the beneifits still stop
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2012, 06:12 AM
    A CHILD (under 18) can collect SSI based on the CHILD'S disability, not the parent's.

Or are you asking about SS or SS Disability?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive benefits if their parents is permanently disabled? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently applied for social security disability benefits for a physical problem that will not go away. My doctor urged me to apply, so I am sure I will receive the benefits. I have been doing some reading on the SSA website and it appears that my children might receive money as well. Does...

Disability benefits for children of the disabled [ 0 Answers ]

I've been receiving SSDI since 2004. In March 2006 I gave birth to my daughter. When me and my husband applied for her Social Security number in 2006 the ss officer said that they don't accept any new applications for any benefits. Yesterday, we went to the ss office and another officer was shocked...

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

Children to get ssi benefits [ 2 Answers ]

My daughters father receives ssi disability he claims it is supplemental but he was court ordered to pay child support and I need to know what to do about my daughter drawing from the ssi.

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

View more questions Search