Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyholbrook67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Abandonment
    Can I request the courts to revoke all rights from my boy's dad since he does not pay his child support and has not seen my five year old in three years and has never seen his two year old.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2012, 03:18 AM
    You can make almost any request of the court that you want. But that's not what you really want to know is it? What you really want to know is whether the court will grant that request.

The answer to that is most likely not. The court is likely to tell you that since he is not exercising his rights then why bother terminating them. Parental Rights are VERY rarely terminated.

You might find these two sticky notes (you might have found them if you browsed around before posting) to be helpful:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My stepsons biological mother has had no contact with us in 5months now. It is court ordered she keep us informed whenever she moves or changes her phone number. I currently know she has moved 3 times and a possibility is moving out of state. I have no active phone number and have no idea where she...

Abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

My wife abandon the family for over a year, now she want to return to the family, can I refuse her entry to the rented house of which she is not on the lease. If I permit her to return for an agreed ed time frame can I force her out of the rented house if she refuse to leave.

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

And when you say very few states use child abandoment as the charge.. is KY one, do you know offhand?

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Georgia and I am raising my 2 sons there father hasn't seem them in 3 yrs how do I file abandonment charges he lives in Chicago

Abandonment [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter has abandon her 2 children 4 and 2 years of age what can I do to get custody or guardianship I don't have money but what is the best way to do this ?

View more questions Search