Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjunbabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Crafts for candles
    I have a candle business and I am looking for craft ideas to help sell and decorate candles.
    I have pattern for votive roses but would like to do more.

Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Why don't you Google it. There are many craft websites and some have free patterns.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2007, 08:39 AM
    I know of a way to decorate normal candles without too much fuss or mess.

For this, you will need some interesting rubberstamps, wax paper, permanent ink (like Staz-On or a similar product), a heat gun and a candle. (:D)

First, stamp on the wax paper with the permanent ink and let it dry. When choosing which stamp, make sure the design would compliment the candle size (don't choose 1 small stamp for a large candle [unless you do it all over], and don't choose a very large intricate stamp [where you need to see all of the picture] for a small candle. The size of the stamp will be the size of the design on the candle).

Next, after your stamping has dried, cut around the pattern with scissors. Be sure to cut fairly close to the pattern, but it doesn't need to be exact. Now, with your heat gun, hold the piece of wax paper down onto the side of your candle and apply it. It should only take around 15 seconds of heat to have it secure and be sure to not melt the candle. Make sure that all of the wax paper goes onto the candle (you don't want it to look messy with paper sticking out of the candle). And voilą! Your candle has been decorated.

Another idea is if you have small candles that you can't decorate above (like tea-light candles), you can paint small glass vases (you can buy them for REALLY cheap at Michael's or Hobby Lobby, maybe even Joann's Fabrics) with glass pain. This type of paint is easy enough to use, but after you're done, it needs to be baked in an oven (follow the instructions on the back of the bottle). This creates some pretty cool transparent patterns that can reflect off walls and look even cooler!

I also know there are charms, eyelets and other things that can be pushed into the soft candle wax along the sides of a big candle. Depending on how it burns, the outer shell of the candle will remain with the charms and at a certain point, the light will shine through the shell.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your candle business!
    twocatonedogge Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 10:13 AM
    You can also stamp on tissue paper color it in any color (light colors work best I find) Then take a craft heat gun (on LOW) and melt the tissue paper right into the candle and voilą! A nice image on your candle! It's so easy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Candles [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the rest of the wax out of a candle after burning it down?

Candles... would Like Tips, Suggestions Etc. [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone have any tips on large tub type or in a glass - candles? i.e. How to avoid having the liquid wax pool in the center and cause the flame to be very very weak and eventually go out? Are there any candles that DO NOT have black soot/smoke? What are the ROLLS ROYCE of candles -...

More ideas for candle crafts? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!

Candles [ 3 Answers ]

hiya, ;D I have a re coursework and I need to know what is the purpose of candles in a R.C church?? Thanks x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

View more questions Search