Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellygirl924 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 08:35 PM
    GE gas dryer knob doesn't crank to turn the dryer on.
    I did two loads of laundry today and noticed I had to turn the knob several times before I heard the clicks to selects a setting. The dryer knob turns easy but its not catching to start
    The setting and turn on please help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
    Is the knob spinning on the shaft? If so, get a new knob. If not, sounds like the timer is failing.
    kellygirl924 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Yes the knob spins I will try a new knob thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Any appliance parts store -Fox, APW etc should be able to supply the part. However, if the timer is starting to bind up, you may have the same issue again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer- broken knob, won't turn on [ 5 Answers ]

The plastic on knob fell off along with a small black metal piece as well. It looks like the black piece holds the plastic knob to the stem, but I'm not certain. Now, with no knob, the dryer won't turn on. It won't work even with plyers turning the stem. How do I go about fixing this? Is this...

Dryer knob too stiff to turn [ 1 Answers ]

My GE electric dryer timer knob is so difficult to turn that two different knobs have broken. I have to use pliers and a lot of force to turn the metal shaft. What can I do to fix it? Can a repairman replace the stem or loosen it somehow? Thank you for your help. Barbara Armstrong

Dryer knob too stiff to turn [ 0 Answers ]

My GE dryer knob is too stiff to turn easily and two knobs have broken so far. Can a repairman replace the metal shaft or loosen it somehow? I need to use pliers and a lot of force to use the timer. Thanks for your help.

Want to turn Whirlpool gas dryer from LP bact to Gas [ 3 Answers ]

How do I convert my Whirlpool Gas dryer from LP back to Natural gas. I need to know what piece goes in the burner tube to regulate the Natural gas

Roper Electric dryer not heating/knob won't turn [ 4 Answers ]

My 5 year old roper dryer (model: REX4634KQ1) is turning, but not heating and the knob won't turn. Wondering what this may be? All of the lint is cleared out and everything else works fine. Both of these problems happened at the same time. Related or not related? :confused:

View more questions Search