Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aman5066 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Stove won't light - help?
    I have a whirlpool stove w/an electronic ignition and today it just wouldn't light?
    Normally you hear the clicking then it ignites. Today everything (else) works fine but no clicking, no gas smell and no dinner... for what its worth, it's a whirlpool model SF114PX5Q1 serial # VEU0402947 - Thanks - Bob]
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Don't post your serial numbers online.

If the unit is new, call Whirlpool or your retailer to setup an appointment under warranty.

If it is not under warranty, it'd probably be around $100 USD for a service call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Stove won't light [ 4 Answers ]

While cleaning my stove I must have gotten something wet. (about 2 1/2 hour ago.) it won't start just hear the clicking and gas smell. None of the 4 turn on.. can it just be wet or is it a bigger problem if a problem how much would it cost to repair.

How do I light my pellet stove? [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a house that has a pellet stove and we don't know how to light it. Want to do this safely since we've never had experience with one of these before. Do you light it like the traditional wood stoves?

Oven in gas stove will not light, but pilot is on. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas stove in my apartment and was going to do some baking. I go to turn on the oven to preheat it and 30 minutes later... no gas, and the strip under the plates on the bottom of the stove is not lit up with fire. The pilot light is working down there and the stove top burners work. So...

Gas Stove Top Burner doesn't light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE gas stove top. One burner refuses to light (or takes forever). When I turn the knob/dial to the 'light' setting, I hear the clicking noise. I believe that is the ignitor arching/lighting. But the gas does not come through. I have to turn the dial back and forth from one end of...

View more questions Search