Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 01:49 PM
    P-value, median coefficients, system of equations
    Hi!
    I am running a system of 28 equations, using OLS. I wish to determine the significance of the median coefficients by calculating the associated p-values.
    What standard deviation should I use?

To give more details:
    My sample is partitioned into 28 industries, I thus estimate:
    Y1 = a1 + b1X1 + c1W1 + e1
    y28=a28 +b28X28 + c28W28 + e28

I want to assess how significantly different from zero is median(X), and similarly for W and a.
    So my p-value should be p-value=2*(1-prob((med(x)-0))/std).
    Problem is, what is the correct standard deviation? The standard deviation of the 28 estimated coefficients? The standard deviation of the X variable in the sample at large?

Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

System of equations [ 0 Answers ]

two different cab companies are available for you to take home. One cost $4.00 as the initial cost and $0.50 for every mile you travel. The second company cost $6.00 as the initial cost and $0.30 for every mile you travel. Write equations for each company that represents the total cost (y) based on...

system of equations [ 2 Answers ]

The sum of three numbers is -2. The sum of three times the first number, twice the second number, and third number is 9. The difference between the second number and half the third number is 10. Find the numbers.

System of equations [ 1 Answers ]

A farmer has 1,200 acres of land on which he grows corn, wheat, and soybeans. It costs $45 per acre to grow corn, $60 for wheat, and $50 for soybeans. Because of market demand he will grow twice as many acres of wheat as of corn. He has allocated $63,750 for the cost of growing his crops. How many...

System of equations [ 3 Answers ]

7 x + 4 y = - 2, 10 x - 3 y = 32 I need help with this question. I am using elimination. I keep get x=2 but I can't find y. So I'm guessing that x might be wrong.. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong:confused:

System equations [ 1 Answers ]

What is x and y in the system equation -x-3y=-4 and 3x+5y=16?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.