Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmerriewether Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Personal judgement levy against the debtor's corporate business
    Can a levy be placed on a corporation's bank account, if the judgement was on the CEO of the corporation, not the corporation.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Usually not, but sometimes there are exceptions. If the judgment against the CEO is for a significant amount, then the CEO ought to get the advice of a retained attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint business account levy, only one person has a judgement against them. [ 0 Answers ]

Oregon Can a creditor levy a joint business account if only one person has a judgement against them? The person who will have the judgement against them is listed as '%25 owner' on bank acct. documents. Can they only levy %25 of $ in account? Can we remove this person from account? How...

Grnishment of business chcking for personal judgement [ 2 Answers ]

We are filing personal bankruptcy. We just received a judgement from a creditor against us personally. We have 2 separate business accounts that we are signers on but the accounts are in the Sub S corporate name. We're concerned that the creditor will try to attach any monies in these...

Can Personal CC Judgement freeze SB corporate account? [ 4 Answers ]

I could not afford to stay in my apartment any more. I was informed by my old roommate that I received a court summance from the attorneys of the CC company. I am out of state and not able to file the answer or show up at court.I called them and told them this.I offered them to pay something /mo...

Corporate account levy [ 1 Answers ]

Can the IRS levy a corporate checking account?

Can they levy a corporate account if the judgment is personal [ 1 Answers ]

They levied my personal bank account. It is a credit card judgment, can they also levy my corporate account? Logic dictates that they can not because it is a separate entity. We all know that logic is for idiots so that's why I am inquiring. Thank you.

View more questions Search