Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Feb 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
    How to resize video files to fit as attachments?
    Hi there,
    I have saved some video files on my computer and want to email them. They are bigger than 10mb so won't send as attachments.
    How do I either resize them? Or send them another way? (I don't have a burner on my computer to put them on dvd!) I don't have access to fancy software either. Is there anything free I can download to help resize either?
    X
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Feb 26, 2007, 05:39 PM
    A lot would depend on what format/size they are now. [AOL email allows up to 13 mb sizes]. If they are mpg files converting them to avi`s will make them smaller
    If your cd player will burn a disk why not just burn them as data files -- can only be watched on a computer but email can only be viewed on a computer also.
    A free open source video converter is at this link -
    VideoHelp.com - Tools - Stoik Video Converter
    - I have not tried this one so you will be on your own-- Savage
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
    You can use a 3rd party site to store the file and you simply get a link sent to them that points to the file.

Ex.: YouSendIt - File Sharing Transfer Delivery - PC FTP Replacement
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 26, 2007, 07:23 PM
    You can also use a archiving program such as winrar or winzip and create an archive which can be split into several smaller files, thus your 10MB video can be made into 2 - 5MB files or 3 - 3.3 MB files, etc.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Feb 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Thanks so much for your replies. The video help downloader looks easy enough.
    Have just opened a free send-it account. It looks like the idiot-proof option for now.
    When my computer literacy and confidence improves, I may try the winzip option!
    Thanks to all of you x
    juanita90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 05:51 PM
    If it's a matter of aspect ratio, not merely megabytes, you can try a software called Aspect Ratio Video Resizer , it is not free and so I will not post the link but you should be able to find it. It's a good handy tool
    Markus2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 03:00 AM
    Try to use VidCrop.It's prog for crop and resize your video. It's helps me a lot.)
    zionn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
    Check Video Watermark that is the cheapest on the market, supports both text and image logos, you should try the demo version so you will see it works and decide consequently
    HenriettaWhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Try this Free Winrar, it's free light-weighted archiver which is in addition to that easy to operate. It'll diminish the size of your files in a very fast and simple way.
    doroty74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 09:01 PM
    AR Video Resizer is the software I prefer to resize videos for two reasons: easy to use and powerful, the only one to support anamorphic resizing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nokia video files [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nokia N73 with a memory card, if I remove the memory card and slot it into the processor I can drag and drop mp3 files and video clips onto it however , when putting it back into the phone it will only recognize the mp3 files and not the video files, apparently real player supports files...

How do I combine multiple rar files into 1 video? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently downloaded a movie which came in 8 rar files. I want to combine them into 1 video file. I used winrar but those files are password protected. When I enter the password it opens but when I try to extract 1 of those rar files, it says CRC error after 70% extraction. Tell me a way to...

Video files splitter... [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice from you guys... before I'm using virtualdub 1.3c/1.4c, nandub, virtualdubmod in cutting video files... now a days some new format I guess coming out... so these video can't cut nor open using virtual, even those video files that I can cut and open before, now there some error...

Getting Fit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 35, male and 5'10. 3 years ago I has a 33 inch waist and weighed 170 lbs. I'm now about 194 lbs, and my waist has expanded to over 38 inches. I have a belly (my midsection really bulges out - all fat) and I'm getting a fair amount of fat around my chest. I don't mind being a little...

View more questions Search