Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazatleco37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Do I need to go to Vegas to divorce?
    Hi, I am a Dutchman legally working and living in Mexico married to a
    Mexican lady, we got married 3 years ago and now we want to divorce. We married in LAs Vegas she with her Mexican papers and I with my Dutch papers. As far as I recall I didn't do any action after receiving the marriage license, is that registered? I only send 30 dollars for the apostille, but I never received anything. Could it be that our marriage was never registered and that we can continue our lives "thinking" we were married all this time? Where can I look up if our marriage is registered and how do I anul it, my Mexican wife is very instable, one moment she wants a clean and proper divorce and 5 minutes later she changes her mind: can I arrange it or do I have her to sign? But first, is it even necessary for me to go to Vegas?
    Thank you so much for helping me out
    lovejoy1965 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazatleco37
    Hi, I am a Dutchman legally working and living in Mexico married to a
    Mexican lady, we got married 3 years ago and now we want to divorce. We married in LAs Vegas she with her Mexican papers and i with my Dutch papers. As far as I recall I didnt do any action after receiving the marriage license, is that registered? I only send 30 dollars for the apostille, but I never received anything. Could it be that our marriage was never registered and that we can continue our lives "thinking" we were married all this time? Where can I look up if our marriage is registered and how do I anul it, my Mexican wife is very instable, one moment she wants a clean and proper divorce and 5 mins later she changes her mind: can I arrange it or do I have her to sign? But first, is it even necessary for me to go to Vegas?
    Thank you so much for helping me out
    I just found out by and attorney that you have to live in Vegas with a legal resident for 6weeks before you can do any legal matters I found this out because my so called other said he got the marriage annulled and come to find out he didn't so I am now in a leagl battle with people I don't even know for his debts prior to us getting married be very careful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Las Vegas hotel with big bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me... I'm looking for a hotel in las vegas in which in the bathroom the bathtub is extra large. But I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. I've never been there and I'm starting to plan my wedding so any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hotel in Vegas for the weekend [ 4 Answers ]

My friend and I are planning a weekend getaway in Las Vegas. We would like to keep it inexpensive but fun. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good hotel right on the strip?

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for divorce and we've been separated since June, 2003. He's not provided any support for me or my three children. I can't afford an attorney. Any free resources available on what I need to do? I've responded to the suit, but he's filed for joint custody and my children do...

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search