Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abubakar Lawan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 4, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Is exclusive breast feeding acceptable in islam?
    Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah. Please sheikh I would like to know if exclussive breast feeding is acceptable in islam. Thank you.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Assalamu Alaikum!

Absolutely!! And it is encouraged to exclusively breastfeed to 2 years.
    truthseeker786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 08:27 AM
    So no food without the breastmilk for 2 years straight/ is that safe?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 03:04 PM
    Yes It is safe. Many children are exclusively breast fed until the toddler years.
    Though God/Allah does not condemn those who give solids sooner, or stop breastfeeding (or even no breastfeeding at all)
    truthseeker786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 10:32 PM
    Do you know anybody that had done it? When it comes to "exclusive" breastfeeding my wife currently just reached 11 months without any other solids or water (mashallah). But we constantly has to deal with negative family members and their negative attitude/ comments. They give my wife hard time like she's starving the child. We had it enough cause it's a new one everyday.

Mashallah our baby is tall and healthy. He is on the low weight side of things recently in the last month, I'm thinking cause he's teething. But he's ahead in lots of things. He started saying words very early.

Its funny how things work backwards in our community. People are blind. Its recommended in quran to breastfeed yet we have a muslim family who is so brainwashed into thinking solids and water are beter regardless of me telling them over and over what's recommended in islam and that breastmilk is like water and its complete food but they just don't get it.. its just so annoying.

Anyway did you do it yourself? Or anybody you know? Share your experience please.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Please open the link below anditmay give you some information regarding the breast feeding, Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastfeeding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pros/Cons of Breast feeding vs. Formula feeding. [ 9 Answers ]

I have heard that if you don't breast feed your baby will have an unhealthy immune system (although I am pretty healthy, and was bottle fed), and I have also heard horror sotries about breast feeding. What are good vs. bad of breast feeding/bottle feeding?:D:D

Is performing fateha acceptable in islam [ 0 Answers ]

Why do certain people perform Fatiha on sweets. This has any basis in Quran and Sunnah,

Breast feeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I delivered on 1st Jan 2010. Have been breastfeeding every 2-3 hours for 25-30 minutes on each breast. Baby demands more milk sometimes and I find it hard to feed. My nipples cracked and have been sore since day 4. I was asked to apply nip-care (lanolin). The crack healed within days but the...

Breast feeding [ 2 Answers ]

Can breast feeding make your breast larger?

View more questions Search