Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toothteacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 05:45 PM
    How to hook up my vcr to a TV without cable
    Hi All,
    I have a 2000 Sony TV which I am putting in my gym area and I want to watch Videos & DVDs on it. I have a separate VCR/DVD player and I am trying to hook it up. Since the TV is not connected to any cable system how can I just use it to watch off the player?
    THANK YOU... :))))
    Sandi
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2012, 04:20 AM
    Sandi -

There are several ways, depending on what inputs your TV has, but I'll describe just one here.

The easiest is probably using the "RF" connectors (i.e. cable connectors). In this case, using a short length of regular cable TV coax cable, go from "RF Out" of your VCR to the "RF (or cable) In" of your TV. You will then set the TV on channel 3 or 4 and leave it there. Play tapes and DVDs using the player's remote.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Make and models of your equipment?

Types of typical audio/video connections from best to good:
    - HDMI
    - Component (w/ composite audio)
    - S-Video (w/ composite audio)
    - Composite audio/video
    - RF/coax

Without the make and model of both your TV and DVD/VCR, I cannot give you what would be the best method to connect your equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up DVD/VCR to HDPVR cable [ 5 Answers ]

How do I hookup a dvd/vcr combo to an hdpvr box and HD TV?

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Connecting VCR, Cable Box, DVD, and Cable Internet [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect cable wires to the cable box, broadband cable internet, a VCR, and a DVD player and still be able to watch a movie on VCR but also be able to record what's on TV with the VCR.

How to hook up dvd/vcr combo to a HD cable box [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me how to hook up my philips dvd/vcr combo to my time warner high Definition cable box. So I can record with the VCR..

Digital Cable/ DVD/VCR/ TV Hook up [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble view my dvd/vcr. I think I have it hooked up correctly but can't see any picture at all. I have a Toshiba SD-V291 for the dvd/vcr and the TV is a Samsung TXJ2066. And the Digital Cable Box is an Explorer 2200. I don't even know what channel the digital cable should be on....

View more questions Search