Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grizzlybear52 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Car won't go when in gear
    I have checked out all things possible that was told to check for. But after searching other sites, was told maybe it might be the "neutral safety switch"
    Could this maybe the proble?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybear52 View Post
    I have checked out all things possible that was told to check for. But after searching other sites, was told maybe it might be the "neutral safety switch"
    Could this maybe the proble?
    No that keeps it from being started in gear.
    Do you have a manual or automatic? What kind of car or truck?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 05:11 PM
    You've probably got a problem with your transmission but we're going to need to know more... like what happens exactly and what type and year of car as well as manual or automatic transmission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't go into gear! [ 33 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I went to start my car and put it in gear but the gearshift was stuck in park. It would not shift out of park. Can you tell me what is wrong with my car?

Car gear not switching to 2nd gear [ 0 Answers ]

My toyota 98 camry can't switch form 1st to 2nd gear, Goes reverse.. Dashboard is off at the same time, no speed no rpm, no temp. please help

Why won't a car go into gear [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2009 kia spectra I can put it into reverse drive netural 3 2 and 1 but I just won't go anywhere like it just won't switch over. What should I do

Car doesn't go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 ford taurus and it doesn't go into gear unless I rev the motor for awhile. Also rev. doesn't work at all. Please tell me I don't need another transmission! Thanks mark

View more questions Search