Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Stomach
    I am trying to prep for my summer job of lifeguarding, and though I am taken and love her immensely, I just want a flat stomach (Something I lost during 4th - 6th grade with pre-puberty weight and less time playing sports). I Swim year-round, and I do a college-level ab work out from an ex-team mate who went to college and is kickboxing. I have abs, and they are actually very strong. I just have a small pouch over them which prevents me from having a flat stomach or maybe even a 6pack. I Am wondering the best way to lose this, I have the abs, so it's not that they just aren't there, it's they are covered. I was wondering if running would be a good aerobic choice to lose this fat? I will continue swimming and ab sets, I am just wondering if there is anything else I can do to lose it, from what a "Diet" I should go on, to what specific exercises? I am looking to work off this small amount in 3-4 months, and I can do it, just looking for advice. Thanks!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Losing fat takes time and it sounds like your doing pretty well. Burn the fat off abdominal muscles with lots of cardio exercise, like crunches. Eat natural, low fat, low sugar, low calorie foods in smaller servings no going back for seconds. Work out with weights, don't just train your abs, train the whole body. Its possible to have a gread set of abdominals that you can't see because their covered with a layer of fat. Aerobic exercise is a great secret to burning fat. Running, jogging great work out, but do other things along with this. Abdominal fat loss is 50% exercise and 50% nutrition. So cut out colas and sugars and eat veggies, fruits, wheat products, dairy choose low fat low sodium, milk 1-2% is best. Wheat rice, bread and pastas will also help, try to stay away from white flour products. Drink lots of water!! Try eating fruits or veggies before you exercise, if you eat and exercise it will boost your metabolism and burn these calories for several hours after exercise. Milk, cheese and yogurt increase fat breakdown in fat cells, you need 3-4 serving of these each day. Just a couple ideas to try!:p
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Thanks a lot, learned quite a few things. I'll keep this in mind!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Stomach stapling [ 3 Answers ]

I know how stomach stapling is done for the most part and I know how much it cost. What I don't know is if you have to be a certain age to get this done or how long recovery takes. Anybody know?

Pain in the stomach [ 3 Answers ]

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have this horrible pain under my left rib in the pitt of my stomach. It gets worst when I lay down. I had pelvic and abdominal MRI, two abdominal ultrasounds, CT scan, endoscopy, Barrium enema of the intestines and nothing came up, gallbladder, pancreas and...

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

Stomach Problems [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 year old daughter has severe stomach aches... her doctors have found nothing physically wrong after x-rays, CT scans, blood work etc... Every night for the past week she is in great pain, also during the day but not as bad. Has anyone had a simillar problem? Please help. Thanks Bob

View more questions Search