Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrGreenthumb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Weed eater featherlight, primer bulb
    I have a weed eater feather light that will not run. The primer bulb has a sizable crack in it but I'm still able to make it prime but it won't run. Is the crack in the primer bulb keeping it from running or do I have another problem?

Also, does anyone have a link for weed eater parts? The primer bulb is my only problem thus far Id like to order another.

Thanks in advance
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Yes that can affect it...
    You can go to the weedeater site.. but most places like ace hardware... Lowe's, walmart sell these things and have the little parts for them... was it running OK before the crack appeared or?
    ajb438 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I have the same problem right now. I went threw everything I never saw the crack or anything it was so small.. I replaced the fuel filter cleaned out the carb... adn used a bulb off the other weedeater and then it fired up! I am about 99 percent that it's the primer bulb that is keeping it from running. And sorry no I don't have a link. But goodluck! Let me know how it goes
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Guess the poster missed the part about this site is for plants, not tools. Yes, the bulb will prevent you from starting. I can only guess that it appears to you that you can prime but maybe not completely. I have seen them at ACE or Weed eater parts and trimmer parts and string trimmer parts
    weedwacker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 08:13 PM
    I also have the same issue-- and cannot find a replacement bulb-- any help is appreciated!
    MPL8307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Just go to ace hard ware the ( primer bulb ) is only $ 5.00
    MPL8307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
    You can even go to wally world for the same price
    kenny22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Will not start.primer bulb was not filling up.I put a new one on.not starting.I did see a thin plastic like paper under primer bulb. Could that not be working.it looks like it pulls the gas in
    slimslatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
    When you prime the bulb it sucks gas from the tank with the small tube, any excess gassed pumped will be fed back to the carb via the big tube leading to the tank. If you prime it and the bulb stays pushed down, then you have a clog or kink. To fix , pull the small tube out of the tank through the fill hole. Pull off the filter on the end and put the tube back in the tank. If it primes, your fuel filter was clogged. If it still won't prime check the hose going to the carb and make sure isn't clogged or kinked.(take of carb and blow in it). If that doesn't fix it take off the bulb from the carb with two screws. The bulb assembly will come off too(rectange metal thing) Take off the two black gaskets, be careful with them. Take off hoses from carb and bulb asembly. Blow carb cleaner in all holes and over surface. Put back together.
    If the carb won't prime and the bulb isn't staying depressed. Then you might have a bad bulb or carb gaskets. Make sure hoses are not cracked, cloged, or pinched.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Eater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, until the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. ...

Loading line for a weed eater [ 5 Answers ]

Looking at the bottom of a single line weed eater, do you load the line clockwise or counterclock wise so it will lengthen when you tap the ground?

Feather lit weed eater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a feather lite weedeater. It won't prime... it acts like the hoses are hooked up backward? They seem to fit correctly... could something be pluged up to keep the gas from flowing into the prime bulb?

Primer bulb for push mower [ 3 Answers ]

I have a push mower that only stays running when the primer bulb is pushed in. When I let go of the bulb, it quits running. Does this mean there is a hole in the primer bulb. When I hold the primer bulb in it runs like it would normally. Any suggestions?? :confused:

Weed Eater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater Featherlite. I bought one of those replacement heads for it. How do I get the old head completely off?

View more questions Search