Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timber_beast69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Removing a Shower Tile Pan on a concrete slab (Basement)
    I am trying to figure out the best way to remove a tiled shower pan from my shower in the basement. I am planning on replacing the floor pan with a pre-fabricated version. I am presuming that I remove the existing tile with a chisel and hammer, my concern is how do I make the area level once I remove the tile in preparation for the pre-fabricated floor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 06:29 PM
    It should readily separate from the floor
    timber_beast69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    it should readily separate from the floor
    Thanks, that is what I am hoping for, I am sure once I start this project I will have questions about the drain. And from what I can tell I will get my answer here.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Don't destroy the shower drain, you may have to re use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Ceramic Tile from concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am in th process of removing ceramic tile from my back porch. We are having a pool installed and need the slab scraped clean so they can float it install acrylic deck. I was told by the contractor that the surface needed to be as smooth as possible. Removing the tile was not difficult, I...

Removing shower drain for shower pan replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of removing an existing shower tray. I am having difficulty in removing the drain. It does not appear to screw in. I have access to from below if I need to cut pvc pipe. This appears to be the only thing keeping my tray in place at this time.

Replace concre-tile shower with new shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my concrete-tile shower with swanstone 32x60L shower base. The new drain location will be around 4" away from the original drain location. What should I do? Can I use the existing P-trap with the new drain location by connecting them using a horizontal PVC pipe? Or do I have to...

Removing Hardset Tile Mastic from Concrete Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a hardset ( not glue type) mastic from a large area of concrete floor. The mastic is almost as hard as the concrete and must be ground down in order to lay carpet. I am currently using a floor belt sander with hardest grade paper. It's moving at just about a snails pace. Is...

Installing new tile on top of shower pan [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to be installing tile over durock cement board which sits on the top edge of my shower pan and just slightly over hangs into shower pan. Should I rest the starter row of tiles down on the cultured marble shower pan which has a 1/2 in lip or should I leave maybe 1/8 gap and if so what do...

View more questions Search