Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 2, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Shed foundation...
    I am building a shed this spring and was wondering if I need rebar or mesh in the foundation. It is probably going to be a 10x12 used only for storing my mower and garden related items.
    simon35 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Always better to add than not, if you want it to last I would add some bars.. and make sure the concreate is aleast 5" think...

simon35..

Jun 2, 2012, 08:39 AM
    I was going to go with 8" footers and the rest would be about 6" thick.

As you can tell I don't usually do concrete work...
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2012, 09:00 AM
    When I built mine , I put in 4 sona tube columns. One at each corner and built a wood floor on 2x6. My shed is also 10x14.

A lot is controlled by the lay of the land. Doing it this way I have lessened the possibility of damage by water from the weather, like sitting in snow during winter.

This is also less expensive then concrete.

Good luck

Chuck

Jun 2, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Thanks guys!
    electricfy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 03:24 AM
    hauntinghelper, chuck has the best answer because no matter what you do with concrete it will crack.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jun 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Yes, a wooden floor built on 2x6 on 10" or 12" Sono Tube forms would be the way to do it. If you aren't worried about temperature, yo don't insulate it but if you want to keep the cold out of the floor, 2" foam in between the floor rafters works like a peach!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slab for shed [ 1 Answers ]

I had made a 24' x 16' slab out of doubled 2 x 6's and filled it with modified stone with the intent of having a shed laid on it. The shed company found that they could not get to that location on the property. It has now been two years and the stone seems fairly solid. I'm now considering...

Building a shed on a slope, foundation questions [ 9 Answers ]

I am planning to build a 12x12 shed on moderate slope. We have 42" frost line where I live so I'll be drilling some fairly deep holes :-( About 1/3 to 1/2 of the shed will sit on pretty level ground but the remaining part will be hanging up in the air where the grade steepens. I figure I'll...

Outdoor Storage Shed foundation. [ 5 Answers ]

I am building an outdoor storage shed 9ft X 12ft. I plan to use concrete peirs that are 8"-10" in diameter for the sheds foundation. I have been able to dig holes for the 9 peirs but can only go about 2 feet deep easily. I would like to go deeper but it would take a lot of additional effort. What...

How do I shed my stress? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shed my stress without pushing everyone away from me? I am stressed and anxious about everything these days and I just can't seem to let it go. It is almost like I view everything toward me as an attack. I know I am not seeing things clearly after I have had a chance to process...

How to Rehab a Shed? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 11 ft by 28 ft shed I am looking to rehab and live in as a one room efficiency. Problem is, it needs a lot of work. I'm a woman so I really don't know much about these kind of things, and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. It has large cracks in the walls that need to be...

View more questions Search