Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemininorf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2004, 07:54 AM
    Virginia Notice to Pay or Quit/Eviction
    I was served a notice to pay or quit last night. Can the landlord evict me on the 5th day or does he have to get a court ordered eviction notice? I reside in Norfolk, VA.
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 06:58 PM
    The landlord will have to get a summons for unlawful detainer. You should speak with a virginia lawyer before it's too late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay rent or quit notice [ 7 Answers ]

Renting an apartment in Kansas... just received a "quit or pay" notice "within 3 days". Can't pay. How long do I have before being evicted? What are the next steps? Thanks!

Eviction laws in virginia [ 4 Answers ]

My house has been foreclosed on. The person who purchased it says we have to be out tomorrow and will not extend the deadline. We have no money to go anywhere until the end of this week. She says she will begin the eviction process tomorrow morning. What are my rights, if any and what is the...

Virginia eviction process [ 8 Answers ]

Hi--I have been impressed with the quality of responses here, but I haven't seen something that describes my situation. I am a landlord in Virginia. I have a tenant (couple) with 9 months to go on a lease governed by VRLTA (payable on the 1st), but they have been paying rent late. With no rent...

Sample Eviction Notice [ 8 Answers ]

I have read that once the lease expires and I want the tenant to move out, I have to give him "Notice", people have suggested doing it by registered mail. But what exactly is "notice"? Does anyone have a copy of "Notice" that they can email me? I figure it must be required to say more than,...

Eviction notice [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Virginia... I have a house a just rented out for the first time... as the tenant are nice they have broke the lease agreement and subdivision laws... I have giving them several warnings in person and then sent them a written notice... im not sure if I did the written notice by law and...

View more questions Search