Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marvelus49 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Reverse mortgage
    Hello,
    I am possibly interested in buying my neighbors house. They obtained a reverse mortgage when the husband got sick and I guess she's been receiving monthly $ from Bank of America to help pay for her caregivers. She died recently and I'm wondering how I can go about making an offer. They appraised it quite high about 6 years ago, before the bubble burst. The house has declined in condition. How likely is it that they will accept a low-ball offer? Who do I find out who's in charge of her case? Thanks! Mary
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2012, 06:23 PM
    You need to find out who the lender was. They own the home now and you have to make an offer to them or through their broker.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Most lenders will use a specific real estate agent in a area.

But agree, go to court house, find out who has the loan, contact them and search down who to talk to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reverse Mortgage Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I took out a Reverse Mortgage in 2009, I have lived up to all commitments since. However I have received a form from LPS every 40 days wherein I must state I still live in my residence, this started in October 2011; also they have been taking photos of my house and when I asked the people why I...

Taxes/Reverse Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I live in TN and I just closed probate on my mothers estate in CA. I sold her house which was the only real property. She had a reverse mortgage that I paid off with a total of interest of approx $60,000. Can I use that interest as a deduction? Or can I use the entire mortgage payoff amount as the...

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of reverse mortgages. Also, could you include comments on what happens when you want to sell your house after you have accepted a reverse mortgage. Thanks in advance.

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am renting a house that is probate, the man died in December, he had a reverse mortgage on this house since 1994, he lived to be 99 years old, the original mortgage was brought by another bank, I need help in finding who bought the reverse mortgage, the son said it will go into...

Reverse mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I know how reverse mortgage it works. But suppose the house is owned jointly by husband and wife. The husband is over 62. But the wife is not. What happens to the house if the husband dies. Since both names appear on the deed?

View more questions Search