Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hanart Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Relationship with ex nurse?
    Im in my mid twenties and was in hospital as a teenager and developed a close friendship with my nurse and kept in contact. Over time we have become closer and it has spilled over into a romantic/sexual relationship. We are both fully aware of the nursing code but it is impossible to ignore our love for each other and we are both the happiest we have ever been since being together (2.5 years). The problem is that (we are both female) neither of us is openly gay, an there is a 15year age gap (26-41) and obviously it is against the rules. Would this ever be accepted? We have considered all options and as we want to have a child together (IVF) it is hard to keep our relationship secret anymore. If she were to change careers would it still be a chargable offence or would we just be looked down on? Any advice would help.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Fogive me for not understanding, but what is wrong with this? Are you a nurse as well or something?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Yes I have to ask why is this wrong ( laws where you live ) In the US, I know more gay or lesbian nurses, than many other places so I don't see what the issue is.

If you were a patient years ago, and latter just found each other or you tracked her down, that is not wrong either. If you work at the same hospital or doctor office, one of you may need to change where you work if they have rules on dating within the work place.

I just don't see what the issue is, ( except that you are hiding being lesbian)
    Hanart Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Sorry didn't explain too well, I met her as a patient and usually any kind of relationship with patients is banned, and woukd get you de-registered.. its been 8 years since I was a patient although the age gap and the fact its lesbian scares us to come out openly..
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 03:03 PM
    So you two met when you were a patient in the hospital, you left the hospital, you two continued to talk and stay in contact, then later started a relationship? I still don't see the problem - if I went to a Chiropractor for treatment for like a month or something, and then later on, when I was no longer his patient I saw him at the grocery store and he asked me out to dinner, and then we fell madly in love and got married... where's the problem?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Nope, I don't see a problem either... I'm a nurse.

I hope you both live happy long lives together!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 mo old still trying to nurse [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping that somebody can help me. I recently rescued a 2 month old kitten from the pound. I don’t know if he was orphaned, or how long he spent with his mom (but he did have brothers at the pound). He tries to nurse on me (my arm, neck, back), and he tries to nurse from a really...

Nurse [ 3 Answers ]

A patient is using a new type of therapy to help her loose weight. How could you determine if the therapy is fraud?

For a nurse [ 2 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant this week and I tried laying on my stomach in bed and now I am wondering since it was uncomfortable or painful.. is there anyway that I could have squished or hurt my baby? I'm always scared that I am going to squish him in there. And also I am scared that I always put a lot...

Becoming a Nurse [ 4 Answers ]

I have BA in Psychology and a BA in Sociology. I am currently working for a company that owns/manages country clubs. If I decide to make a career change and become a nurse, what would I need to do. How much education do I need?

Should I become a nurse? [ 10 Answers ]

I am profoundly deaf (very deaf) I have always wanted to become a nurse since I was young, my parents are both registered nurses (my dad works as a NUM (nursing unit manager) at a woman's correction centre, goal) and my mum works at a disability unit at westmead hospital. I was told at school...

View more questions Search