Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leigh816 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Health assignment
    1. Define the terms epidermis and dermis.

2. Why is the amount of melanin you have and the amount of sunblock you use so important in relation to skin cancer?

3. What are the types of skin cancer and which one is the more serious?

4. What are three diseases that could be transferred to you through nonsterile needles while you are receiving a tattoo?

5. What are two functions of hair?

6. Fingernails and toenails are made of what substance?

7. What are three functions of teeth?

8. How does plaque affect your teeth?

9. Define the terms myopia and hyperopia.

10. What three things can you do to keep your eyes healthy?

11. What are the two functions of the ears?

12. List the three main parts of the ear and the structures that are found in each part.

13. What are three causes of hearing loss?

14. What are four functions of the skeletal system?

15. What is the process of ossification?

16. Name and give examples of each type of joint.

17. What is the difference between a fractured bone and a dislocated joint?

18. What are three things you can do to keep your skeletal system healthy?

19. What is osteoporosis and why does it affect women more than men?

20. Name three muscle types and their functions.

21. What is the difference between a strain and sprain?

22. What is the difference between the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system?

23. What are the three main parts of the brain? Describe the function of each part.

24. What is a neuron, and what are its functions?

25. What four safety precautions can keep your nervous system healthy?

26. Define the term degenerative disease.

27. What are three functions of the cardiovascular system?

28. Define the terms atrium and ventricle.

29. What are lymphocytes?

30. What three behaviors can keep your cardiovascular system healthy?

31. Describe the pathway of air in respiration.

32. Explain the function of the diaphragm.

33. Explain the effect of smoking and environmental smoke on your respiratory system.

34. What is the difference between pneumonia and pleurisy?

35. What are the three functions of the digestive system?

36. Describe the pathway of food and waste through the digestive system.

37. What is the difference between indigestion and heartburn?

38. What are the four components of the urinary system?

39. Describe three healthy behaviors that can keep your urinary system healthy.

40. What is the function of the testes?

41. What is an inguinal hernia?

42. What three situations can place a man at high risk for prostate cancer?

43. Define the terms ovulation, fertilization, and menstruation.

44. What is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and what causes it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Thanks for copying your homework. I aced the test.

You, on the other hand, have to do your own homework.

Why would anyone here research 44 topics and post the answers so you can sit home in front of your computer, staring into space?

As a matter of policy AMHD does not do homework.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Nice try. You took the time to type out your homework assignment and now what, you're waiting for us to do it for you? I already graduated, so I don't have to do this anymore. You do.

You have a computer, so instead of playing games, or posting stupidity on Facebook, why not use it for something constructive? All the questions you asked can be found on the internet. I suggest you get to it.

If you're too lazy, I'll do it for you, but not for free. The charge is $50 a question. I think it would be a lot easier, and cheaper, to just get off your arse and do it yourself.

Good luck.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 12:34 PM
    I'll do it for $45. Just to show how good I am, the answer to question #1 is yes.
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'll do it for $45. Just to show how good I am, the answer to question #1 is yes.
    Okay, I'll do it for $40, and I'll answer #5. You can curl hair, or put it up. Those are two functions of hair. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Okay, I'll do it for $40, and I'll answer #5. You can curl hair, or put it up. Those are two functions of hair. :)
    Those aren't functions of hair. One is to keep your head warm. Can you think of a second one?

Jun 1, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Excuse me but I'm working in about 50 different assignments right now and I was just want a little extra help. I'm not just staring into space and what not. My computer crashed and I lost all my work. At the moment in just a tad bit desperate. While other people are enjoying their summer I am stuck at home doing extra school work. Nowhere did I say, "hello I want you all to give me crap for wanting help with this. Please leave your opinions about me and tell me how you done with high school." seeing as I am already done with my freshman year of college and am only a high school senior. Stfu. Just wanted some help.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Those aren't functions of hair. One is to keep your head warm. Can you think of a second one?

So you have something to fiddle with when you sit at a bar?

Jun 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Get off my post; you stuck up smartass.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh816 View Post
    Excuse me but I'm working in about 50 different assignments right now and I was just want a little extra help. I'm not just staring into space and what not. My computer crashed and I lost all my work. At the moment in just a tad bit desperate. While other people are enjoying their summer I am stuck at home doing extra school work. Nowhere did I say, "hello I want you all to give me crap for wanting help with this. Please leave your opinions about me and tell me how you done with high school." seeing as I am already done with my freshman year of college and am only a high school senior. Stfu. Just wanted some help.

Interesting mouth you have.

You don't need a computer for some of this work. If you can't handle advanced classes, don't take them. Having to do extra work is the price of advanced classes. You don't know the majority of these answers off the top of your head?

You don't want "some help." You want someone to do your homework.

This is the problem when high school students take college classes - by and large they don't have the maturity to handle the schedule.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Not quite. Think of who also goes to bars and why you make your hair look pretty.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not quite. Think of who also goes to bars and why you make your hair look pretty.

Back In The Day (yes, deliberately capitalized) a friend told me that the best way to get a man's attention was to tilt your head down, look at him (with a steady gaze) from under your partially closed eye lids, lick your lower lip and fiddle with your hair.

I suspect you would do this while seated or else you'd walk into walls.

I think that could also get you committed, but that's another story.
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 03:20 PM
    You posted 44 questions, didn't even show us that you tried to answer any of them, and then left, hoping that someone else would do your work for you.

My heart is just aching that you can't sit around all summer, but you're stuck doing extra school work (we really need a sarcasm font). Should I tell you what I do every day? I wish I could sit around doing school work.

Fact is, you obviously have internet access, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post on this site. If you have internet, you can do this work easily. Should take you around an hour.

So instead of insulting people, coming here expecting people to take care of your responsibilities, stop whining and get to work.

When you're all grown up, and have a job, if you lose all your work because your computer crashed, your boss won't care, he'll expect you to suck it up and stay late to get the work done.

Welcome to the real world. Sucks, doesn't it?
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 03:23 PM
    Get off my post; you stuck up smartass.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't your post. As soon as you posted this question it became the property of the site, and as such, anyone that's a member can post on it.

You cannot dictate who answers, or who doesn't. You can ignore the posts provided, but that's really the only option you have.

Also, trust me, not one person on this site is going to do this work for you. That's not what we do. This homework assignment was given to you for a reason, so you can learn. Anyone that does answer these questions will be reported. We don't do homework on this site.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 03:51 PM
    I went to nursing school while raising a family and working a full time job and not once did I ask someone to do my homework for me.

Remember, you can't take us with you to your test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assignment health and safety hairdressing g1 [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: hi ive been iven an assignment on health and safety topic g1 and really dont understand it. it is for a hirdressing course in college any one who may have done this assignment and have any information or can explain the assignment in detail please let me jnow thanks

Are games good to health or bad for health [ 12 Answers ]

I always play games but my family says it bad for me but I ignore them

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

Know my career,my fathers health and my moms health [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am sonal,studying in t.y.bsc in microbiology. Usually attending college is like a burden for me,I fear a lot in public attention,sometimes even start shivering while giving presentations,due to fear I can't even concentrate in my studies and get poor marks even ,I don't feel like going to...

View more questions Search