Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    porclindoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Does having your hair colored and cut affect the results of alcohol in a hair test
    If you color your hair before taking a hair folicle test will it affect the results of the hair test
    kevinsharma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 08:13 PM
    If it is an ETG hair test, then you can dye/bleach, use intense shampooing or even go swimming 2-3 times a week to reduce or eliminate EtG from hair. However, for FAEE marker, washout is not possible. To your defense, it may be alcohol from hairspray, gel, cosmetic products that may cause false positives. Again, the cut off value is not supported in any literature and is a topic for debate, however the law may consider the same cut off value that the lab used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

EtG Faee Alcohol Hair Strand results - what does it mean? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to protect my children who were transported by their father while drunk. He had hair strand tests and they came back negative for ETG and positive for FAEE. "The sum concentration of FAEEs in the hair was 1.755 nanograms per millimetre of hair. This concentration is greater...

Does secondary pot smoke affect hair folical test results [ 1 Answers ]

I currently rent a house with two other roommates who smoke pot big time. My question is will pot show up when I submit to a hair follicle test, due to breathing secondary smoke in the house? I stay in my room and have never felt any signs of feeling high. Would value any impute based on fact...

View more questions Search