Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandatan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 09:17 AM
    How to select an Intermatic Pool Pump Timer?
    I haven't been able to source a distributor or retailer of Intermatic Pool Timer products in Ontario, Canada. I am looking to purchase one over the internet and have it shipped to me and installed by a local qualified electrician, but I don't know which model to purchase.

Intermatic has 4 2-circuit models to choose from and I don't know what questions I need answered to be able to choose the correct one.

Here's what I know: I have an inground pool, I have a gas heater and a pump. I need the heater shut down 20 minutes before the pump. These are the models that I would choose from: T104R201, T101R201, T104P201, T101P201.

I would appreciate any advice on how to select one of these.

Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Here is a summary of what I found at their catalog:

T104R201
    208/277 volt timer motor
    Steel case
    One 240 volt circuit or
    Two 120 volt circuit control

T104P201 208/277 volt timer motor
    Plastic case
    One 240 volt circuit or
    Two 120 volt circuit control

T101P201 120 volt timer motor
    Plastic case
    One 120 volt circuit

T101R201 120 volt timer motor
    Steel case
    One 120 volt circuit

Need to know if the supply voltage and the voltage of what will be controlled will be 120 volt or 240 volt. The T104 needs 240 volt for the timer motor, but can switch two 120 volt circuits.

The plastic case will hold up well if outdoors.

For Canada sales and distribution contact them at:

[email protected]
    (905) 454-6679

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 Volt Pool Timer [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install an Intermatic Swimming Pool Mechanical Timer 220V - T104P3 to my exciting pump. I have two live wires coming from the breaker box which I labeled Line 1 & Line 2, there is also a ground wire. Then I have to wires coming from the pump which I labeled Load 1 & Load 2. I have...

Freeze Detector for Intermatic Pool Timer [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to wire a freeze detector into a intermatice dual timer control system?

How to wire 4 outlets to 1 INTERMATIC T101 SPST timer [ 1 Answers ]

I am new "Electrican". I did follow the instruction to out 1 set of 4 wires together in 1 INTERMATIC T101 40AMP 2 HP 120V timer, but the timer does not work. While all 4 swtiches for 4 set of lighting work fine. So single pole Times only can handles 1 wire of lighting, or whatever you can put...

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

View more questions Search